UKBouldering.com

more weird injuries (Read 3032 times)

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
more weird injuries
October 27, 2004, 04:19:55 pm
reet, that shooting pain in forearm has now thankfully gone but now i've been gettin a weird achey pain down the left side of my back? anyone got any ideas? shoulder instabilities? doesn't hurt when, or directly after i climb it's just totally random. been stretching out my back a lot and doing shoulder stabilisation excersises but it's still annoyin me.

webbo

• forum hero
#1 more weird injuries
October 27, 2004, 07:42:31 pm
it seems that it's only taken you a couple of years to achieve the injuries it's taken me 32 years to aquire. :wink:

runt

• obsessive maniac
#2 more weird injuries
October 27, 2004, 08:22:13 pm
Had an excercise from a physio a while back for an arsed up muscle in my back, involved rolling around on the floor with a tennis ball under my back on said muscle. Worked a treat but wait till the house is empty eh

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#3 more weird injuries
October 28, 2004, 03:03:49 pm
Runt u r a king... my back was hurting last night and i did that tennis ball thing for a few minutes and the pain went... thankyou... how long did it take to sort your back out? which muscle was fucked?

runt

• obsessive maniac
#4 more weird injuries
October 28, 2004, 11:18:17 pm
Dunno what the muscle was called, not a rhomboid (sp?) but one running along the side of my spine in the same sort of area. I reckon it was only a couple of months to fix it, pretty quick for my shoddy carcass.
good luck

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#5 more weird injuries
October 28, 2004, 11:22:34 pm
cheerz mate, u've put my mind at rest, i though i'd pua fucked my shoulders up or summit, but it feels like it's something running down my spine that isn't right, how often did u do the tennis ball thing, just when it hurt?

runt

• obsessive maniac
#6 more weird injuries
October 30, 2004, 04:27:34 pm
Just did the tennis ball thing a couple of times in the evening (which sounds proper dodgy!). Being a patronising old git think about just spending some £££ on seeing a good sports physio as soon as you think you've proper hurt something, and maybe ask for a bit of an MOT. After seeing a couple of naff ones I found a good un who understood the types of training we do or want to be doing, and bingo at the moment everything is working pain free.
Now I just need a new excuse :wink:

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#7 more weird injuries
October 30, 2004, 08:58:48 pm
lol, cheerz runt. will see a physio if it doesn't go away but that tennis ball thing is deffo helpin.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal