UKBouldering.com

Favourite excersises! (Read 1920 times)

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Favourite excersises!
October 22, 2004, 03:47:46 pm
I've still got bloody golfer's elbow, :injured:  so whilst I can't get that Hnngh! feeling (typically found when trying a sick mantel, trying to get feet back on a roof, or opening a new jar of gherkins) I've been doing lots of pressups and ting to try and keep some strength up. So..

..What are everyone's "favourite" training excersises. Preferably ones that don't involve equipment like weights or campus board?  :jump:

Here are mine:

1.Normal pressups, just to warm up.

2.Pressups with hands spread wide and pointing outwards - you can really feel it on the outside of your pecs.

3.Pressups with feet high on a table - I find these easier than normal pressups, probably cos you don't have to keep your body as tight.

4.Pressups with hands together (so that thumbs are splayed but fingers and thumbs touch) and hands are quite far in front of hand - really stretched out and seems to really work lower back.

5.Pressups with hands together as before and bum high in the air (the closer hands are to feet, the harder it is) - man, these are hard, and they really work the abs.

..I tried situps with feet on a table, but they're a pain cos you keep sliding away from the table. And I tried one legged squats but my knees kept clicking so I stopped.

So what are some other good uns?

dave

#1 Favourite excersises!
October 22, 2004, 03:53:49 pm
the boy like pressups then.

i've been getting some rad therabnad shit dropping. I've got a blakc one knotted into a loop.

good one is hold both arms out horizontaly in front with band round them, then keeping arms str8 pull the band tight till arms are out to your sides and band touches yo chest. thats good for back stuff that otherwise won't get worked, injury avoidance so i'm told.

also use the loop for psuedo-tricep pulldowns (hold it against a doorframe with other hand) or bicepcurls (stand in one end of loop) which is good for warming up and shit, and when you're away from home. also if you hold one end of loop behind your back at the top of your arse then pull other end up behind your head with other arm and extend that is OK.

cofe

• forum hero
#2 Favourite excersises!
October 22, 2004, 04:15:03 pm
watching dosage, rampage, bleau etc etc....

webbo

• forum hero
#3 Re: Favourite excersises!
October 22, 2004, 05:00:10 pm
Quote from: "r-man"
I've still got bloody golfer's elbow, :injured:  so whilst I can't get that Hnngh! feeling (typically found when trying a sick mantel, trying to get feet back on a roof, or opening a new jar of gherkins) I've been doing lots of pressups and ting to try and keep some strength up.

are you sure your not actually causing the problem with the press up's.

i've been doing lot's of mckenzie ex's.which is the same pos as a press up but you keep your hip's and leg's on the floor.[they are for your lower back,mine's abit knackered again]since i've been doing em my elbow's have started aching again.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#4 Favourite excersises!
October 22, 2004, 05:52:35 pm
are you sure your not actually causing the problem with the press up's.

I hope not! My physio reccommended pressups, and my elbow doesn't hurt when I do them. It's when I pull that my elbow hurts - pushing is fine. Does yours hurt on the inside or the outside?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal