UKBouldering.com

Osho, Frankenjura (Read 1538 times)

abarro81

• forum hero
Osho, Frankenjura
September 07, 2021, 06:58:30 pm
Anyone know where the route Osho is? I'd been told it's near the obvious cave that's almost opposite Marientaler Wand, but went up there today and couldn't find anything other than some mediocre looking bouldering in a cave/tunnel feature over to the right of th main cave...
Thanks!

remus

• forum hero
#1 Re: Osho, Frankenjura
September 07, 2021, 07:36:38 pm
Sounds like doylo might know where it is, maybe worth dropping him a message.

https://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php?topic=24594.0

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 Re: Osho, Frankenjura
September 07, 2021, 08:04:59 pm
That's the area, but I've not been up there to give you more exact directions. Isn't there a small but obvious path opposite Marientelar Wand? I always assumed it was up there.

remus

• forum hero
#3 Re: Osho, Frankenjura
September 07, 2021, 09:49:20 pm
That's the area, but I've not been up there to give you more exact directions. Isn't there a small but obvious path opposite Marientelar Wand? I always assumed it was up there.

Pretty sure that's the path to the cave/tunnel Alex mentioned. It's a good bivi spot if nothing else, stayed there for 3 weeks on a trip back in the day when we didn't want to fork out for camping!

crimpingandy

#4 Re: Osho, Frankenjura
September 07, 2021, 10:03:25 pm
If I remember right the crag is Kleineschwalbenloch, prob spelt wrong. Used to be banned but not sure now. Routes are Osho and Halloween,8a & 8b. Access is pretty much straight up from below the crag.

Sure the cave behind is the Time Tunnel home to the Frankenjuras 1st Font 8a Full Moon and countless other finger breakers. We used to climb down a ladder from above to access it.

Good luck

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#5 Re: Osho, Frankenjura
September 07, 2021, 10:39:41 pm
If I remember right the crag is Kleineschwalbenloch, prob spelt wrong. Used to be banned but not sure now. Routes are Osho and Halloween,8a & 8b. Access is pretty much straight up from below the crag.

Still banned according to frankenkjura.com: https://www.frankenjura.com/klettern/poi/1527

crimpingandy

#6 Re: Osho, Frankenjura
September 07, 2021, 10:51:03 pm
Come to think of it I think the time tunnel is behind/on top of the cave you mention. Accessible from above. I have a v basic map/directions in an old guide but no better than directly opposite Marientaler wand

Doylo

• forum hero
#7 Re: Osho, Frankenjura
September 08, 2021, 06:21:23 am

Sure the cave behind is the Time Tunnel home to the Frankenjuras 1st Font 8a Full Moon and countless other finger breakers. We used to climb down a ladder from above to access it.

Good luck

8b+ link up - Oshoween too

abarro81

• forum hero
#8 Re: Osho, Frankenjura
September 08, 2021, 07:57:46 am
Thanks all.
Yeah the guy who told us a out it said it was banned but implied it was tolerated but can't be put in guides. I'm still unclear on where it is in relation to the obvious cave? Further up the valley (ie more opposite the Marientaler parking than the crag)?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal