UKBouldering.com

Wrist Pain (Read 1933 times)

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Wrist Pain
October 20, 2004, 05:38:54 pm
Have been suffering from a sharp pain in my left wrist (I'm right handed before the smut starts :wink: ) for a couple of weeks now and despite reducing my training (once or twice a week compared with three to four sessions per week) I can't seem to get rid of it.
It consists of sharp pain at the base of my wrist and is worse in some positions than others. I think it's possibly something to do with my flexor tendon, but that's just a (not educated) guess.
It hasn't actually affected my grade, but would like it sorted all the same!
Any budding sports therapists/people with a similair complaint out there wish to air their views? Any advice most appreciated!

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#1 Wrist Pain
October 21, 2004, 12:13:50 am
first of all - i don't really no what i'm on about so if this makes it worse it ain't my fault :wink:

i used to get a sharp, achey, throbbing pain in my wrists and sometimes inside my elbows. basically it went away when i started to stretch them out properly. for the wrist stretch - put your hands together as if u were praying and bring them into your chest. now turn it upside down, keeping the prayer position, and push your palms together while pushing your elbows down. if this really hurts then u probably shudn't do it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal