UKBouldering.com

Inflammation on top side of A2?? (Read 868 times)

iwasmexican

• obsessive maniac
Inflammation on top side of A2??
January 06, 2021, 09:47:17 am
Over the second lockdown in November I was fingerboarding and doing rings maybe 3 times a week each, never for more than an hour and half including warmup (climbing >10 years). Towards the end of the month, all the fingers on my right hand only became quite inflammed along the back of the A2 pulley joint. There was no pain at all in the area just inflammation but its quite noticeably bright red when its was bad. This also reduced the rom in clenching my fingers so they couldnt touch the palm when it was bad. I took some time off over xmas and it dies down but now I've had three fingerboard sesssions back over a week, I can feel the inflammation coming on again....

Has anyone else experienced anything similar??? Don't think I've come across it anywhere and didnt even think there was anything to get inflammed on the back side of your fingers... Pretty sure its not joint inflammation cause I've had that diagnosed (in the left hand which wierdly is completely fine). The only two things i can think of it being that are out of the ordinary normal climbing at fingerboarding in a van- the suspension making it slightly swing-y pulling on and generating some funny stresses- or the rings- which had a wierdly large diameter and were slightly uncomfortable to hold (since returned for normal sized ones).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal