UKBouldering.com

Playing music at the crag (Read 1636 times)

Fatboyslimfast2

• regular
Playing music at the crag
November 23, 2020, 07:08:04 am
Next time I come across some cunts playing music at the crag I will stamp on your shitty speaker and then beat  your round the head with the remains of it, fucking tools.

Had it out with a huge group(15+) all spraying around S&M at Charlies overhang yesterday, you could hear them from the road, see them from a mile off. Repect the environment your in, its not a fucking climbing wall. Choads

Davo

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: Playing music at the crag
November 23, 2020, 07:30:43 am
Well done for confronting them and saying it is not acceptable.

How did they react? Just wondering if they understood it was a problem?

Dave

Duma

• forum hero
#2 Re: Playing music at the crag
November 23, 2020, 07:43:30 am
Cunts - good work fbsf

Fatboyslimfast2

• regular
#3 Re: Playing music at the crag
November 23, 2020, 07:44:02 am
I was raging tbh so might of been a bit scary, Ive done it before at Curbar and will do it again. They responded fairly quick and turned it off, I was heading to Baldstones so didnt come back for a bit but they didnt have it on when I cam back. Think it was a Uni group.

Not sure they originally saw it as a problem. If you watch a lot of the Mellow/Sharma vids they all do it! Theres a thread in the access section about Northumberland and landowners asking questions about big groups at crags and this with the music just sent me into a melty.

Davo

• obsessive maniac
#4 Re: Playing music at the crag
November 23, 2020, 07:55:31 am
Sounds like they just didn’t know it was a problem and when confronted were pretty good about it ? I.e they turned the music off etc

Maybe it is something that the climbing walls and social media should explain is not okay (at least in the UK). Personally I hate hearing music at the crag in those mellow vids and others of a similar ilk. They send a bad message out to people new to the sport about what is acceptable and how they should behave etc

sxrxg

• obsessive maniac
#5 Re: Playing music at the crag
November 23, 2020, 08:02:21 am
Good work on confronting, them it is annoying when you go out to try and enjoy nature whilst bouldering and music is blasting. It annoys me when campervans also turn up at overnight spots and do the same thing...

Also whilst in normal circumstances it is just a bit annoying at the moment during a supposed lockdown drawing attention to yourselves as a big group does not reflect well on climbers. Plenty of locals and landowners who could get annoyed with this type of behavior.

Ross Barker

• menacing presence
  • Deathly afraid of traverses
#6 Re: Playing music at the crag
November 23, 2020, 08:31:43 am
Nice one on giving them a talking to. We pulled up at about 11am and once we saw the crowds we immediately sacked it off to the far end of Ramshaw, enough room to socially distance down that way.

At the risk of going off topic, did anybody else see that massive bellend Mercedes Sprinter at the lay-by?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#7 Re: Playing music at the crag
November 23, 2020, 09:11:56 pm
That's FBSF's van! :)

Good work telling them off, would have really bust my butt.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal