the shizzle > food & drink

Vitamin D supplement

(1/6) > >>

jshaw:
Looking at getting some Vitamin D tablets for this winter.

I've not been prescribed any as such, but Dr.Google has suggested that I could benefit from them.

Found it tricky to wade through a lot of the gumpf on the internet about this stuff but I've seen people post on here about it before so hoping to catch someone with the beta.

Does anyone have the beta for a good place to buy them from? Is there a 'good type' to buy?

I was going to start off with a high-ish dose (1200IU) for a week or two before backing off to a 'normal' dose (400IU) then continue this through to March. Does this sound sensible? Or similar to what people have been advised.

TIA

dunnyg:
I just got a load of high dose. Previously prescribed due to meds, but now I just take them to ward off seasonal depression and general vit. d. defficiencies. Dosage reasoning is that was what was available at asda or boots or wherever they are from.

mark20:
I was absolutely knackered for a couple of weeks a few years ago and blood tests showed my Vit D levels very low. I was prescribed some mega dose tablets for a couple of weeks, which seemed to improve things. Although in retrospect I think I was suffering from post-viral fatigue as well.
I take a 'normal' dose Sept-March just to make sure. When I forget to take them for a couple of weeks I seem to feel more tired/achey.

SA Chris:
There "seems" to be a link between Vit D deficiency and how badly CV-19 affects you too, so it's probably a good idea?

r-man:
I looked into this for my parents a while back and was surprised to find the NHS actually recommend taking vitamin D supplements for everyone during winter months.

There is a recommended dose on their website.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vitamins-and-minerals/vitamin-d/

And also, taking too much can cause harm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version