the shizzle > food & drink

Vitamin D supplement

<< < (2/6) > >>

dunnyg:
Good knowledge rman. So high does vit D from tesco is 25 micrograms, rmans link has all the info you need apart from somewhere to buy it.

jshaw:
Thanks all, good knowledge.

Dunny and Mark: out of interest, do you remember what dose you were suggested/prescribed for your 'high dose'? I've read a lot of info that 'high' dose followed by 'normal' dose tends to be the way to go but the figures seem to vary, understandably.

R-man: thanks for the website, that's the kind of resource I was looking for.

Should probably clarify: I had intended to go to the GPs about this. But I'm sure they've got a lot more important things to contend with at the moment. This is more for quality of life improvement, rather than to stave off anything more menacing.

dunnyg:
Sorry, it was quite a while ago so can't remember, but more importantly probably isn't applicable to your situation (unless you are on some strong steroids or similar, in which case chatting to your GP is probably the way to go). Sorry I can't be more useful.

duncan:

--- Quote from: dunnyg on November 18, 2020, 10:55:09 am ---Good knowledge rman. So high does vit D from tesco is 25 micrograms, rmans link has all the info you need apart from somewhere to buy it.

can a mod edit my earlier post, removing the bit about taking too much being ok. Having bad medical knowledge hanging round is bad, even if corrected later in the thread!

--- End quote ---

As requested. Anything  biologically active has the potential to do harm as well as good and the difference often depends on the dose. This still applies to things with reassuring names like ‘Vitamin’. The only things in a pharmacy that are 100% safe are homeopathic ‘medicines’!

The fat-soluble vitamins, including D, can accumulate in the body rather than being pissed away like the water-soluble ones so are easier to overdose. Having said that, there is a good case for routine Vit. D supplements as rman suggests.

dunnyg:
Yeah, I assumed you could just nom a load of multi-vitamins and piss out the ones you don't need. Good to learn why that isn't necessarily the case!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version