UKBouldering.com

Fachwen & North Wales Bouldering (Read 1677 times)

Davo

• obsessive maniac
Fachwen & North Wales Bouldering
August 23, 2020, 03:49:37 pm
Hi

We are off to North Wales tomorrow. Staying fairly close to Fachwen area. I remember a post about some new stuff being done round there. Have checked the NWB site and couldn’t find anything there.

Just wondering if anyone has any details or beta etc??

Also should anyone have any recommendations for close to the road, good landing boulders In grade range of 7a to 7c that would be much appreciated. I have been to Wales a fair amount and am slowly running out of these kind of options.

Cheers

Dave

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#1 Re: Fachwen & North Wales Bouldering
August 23, 2020, 05:53:49 pm
Tan-Y-Grisiau might be an option. Black Rhino / Supercrack too, but it can seep. Rhiw Goch. Craig Y Peniel. Bustach. The Roadblock just down the same valleyt. Lots in Ogwen - Bethesda ofc. You could PM Pantontino and see what he knows about the new Fachwen stuff.

Davo

• obsessive maniac
#2 Re: Fachwen & North Wales Bouldering
August 23, 2020, 06:27:09 pm
Thanks for the ideas. Unfortunately have done the stuff I can at Tan Y Grisiau, Rhiw Goch, The Roadblock and most of the close to the road stuff in the pass and Ogden. Bustach is good idea though

Anti

• menacing presence
  • Potato
#3 Re: Fachwen & North Wales Bouldering
August 23, 2020, 07:50:50 pm
Drws-y-Coed Pop Bloc is in vogue right now. I enjoyed the stuff at Craig y Llyn too which seems strangely less popular. Elephantitus cave?

Davo

• obsessive maniac
#4 Re: Fachwen & North Wales Bouldering
August 23, 2020, 10:04:28 pm
Thanks for the ideas. Unfortunately done all I can at the pop block (that mono thing is grim) and same at Craig y Llyn and Elephantitus.

Have a few ideas now, so should be okay thanks.

Dave

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#5 Re: Fachwen & North Wales Bouldering
September 04, 2020, 06:48:40 pm
Sorry, only just seen this. I can give you some pointers for Fachwen/Clegir stuff if you contact me directly. Mountain crags volume won't be available till later in the autumn.

Davo

• obsessive maniac
#6 Re: Fachwen & North Wales Bouldering
September 04, 2020, 07:33:04 pm
Thanks anyway Simon but I went last week. Was going to send you a message but managed to find a few things on Fachwen anyway. Thought the new stuff was really good.

Cheers Dave

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal