UKBouldering.com

Power Club 545 17th - 23rd August 2020 (Read 5650 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I've bouldered on that upper tier, though it was a bit pants. The path round to the east of the crag is usually pretty clear, but I can see you'd struggle if it's not had much use, you've got 2 little ones and a pad; it's pretty steep, but there is usually a nice flat area in the middle of the crag. Bowden is on the list but would probably do it midweek.

Berryhill would probably be good for kids too, slightly longer walk but an nice spot once there.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 01:13:47 pm by SA Chris »

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
If it's just ferns, is it not better to label it as a winter only crag as opposed to a full write off? The same could be said for Nought Bank but it's good in winter.

Sorry to be a pedant, but these negative reputations tend to stick and can lead to crags falling into disuse.

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
Ferns always make me think of a humid rainforest whereas bracken makes me think of ticks and cuts!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
If it's just ferns, is it not better to label it as a winter only crag as opposed to a full write off?

I expect it's just a product of a lockdown year. The path is usually fine, kept reasonably clear through regular traffic, but I can see it getting grown over if undisturbed, and once it doesn't look accessible it doesn't get used. I expect if we have usual access allowances next year it will be fine. The bottom of the crag itself is fine once under it, easier to access than large parts of Caley boulders in late summer for example.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Ferns always make me think of a humid rainforest whereas bracken makes me think of ticks and cuts!

Yes - I was more concerned about the kids picking up ticks TBH given the density of the foliage!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal