UKBouldering.com

Appeal for photos: Yorks gritstone, Yorks limestone, Lancs, Northumberland, NYM (Read 2020 times)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Hi everyone, with permission from our Dear Leader Insect Overlord #1,

I’m working with a team of local volunteers from Yorkshire, Lancashire, Northumberland, and the North York Moors to produce a Wired select guide to the area’s trad, bouldering, and sport climbing. It’s been in the pipeline for quite a while but things are really coming together now.

The pandemic has waylaid our plans to carry out photoshoots this spring and summer and we’re now a bit short of action shots. We’re appealing for bouldering, sport, and trad photos from all the major crags in the areas above, but in particular the crags listed below.

If you have photos that we can use, please send full res versions to wirednorthernrock@gmail.com (JPEG format is fine). Please ensure that the filename of the photo clearly names the route, climber, photographer, and that you have the photographers permission to allow us to use the image. If possible, we’d prefer if editing could be kept to a minimum, and we’d like to receive photos uncropped as this will make them more versatile when pagesetting.

Thank you all, and happy climbing!

Will

Crags

Lancashire:
Wilton One
Wilton Two
Wilton Three
Brownstones Quarry
Lower Montcliffe Qy
Anglezarke Quarry
Lester Mill Quarry
Egerton Quarry
Ousel’s Nest
Stronstrey Bank
Denham Quarry
Stanworth Quarry
Hoghton Quarry
Cadshaw Castle Rocks
Cadshaw Quarries
Round Barn
Troy Quarry
Deeply Vale
Pinfold Quarry
Cow’s Mouth Quarry
Summit Quarry
Warland Quarry
Reddyshore Scout
Craig y Longridge
Witches Quarry
Thorn Crag
Warton Main Quarry
Warton Pinnacle Crag
Jack Scout Crag
Trowbarrow
Farleton

Yorkshire Limestone:
Giggleswick South
Gordale
Stony Bank
Langcliffe (Skyline buttress)
Pot Scar
Dib Scar
Robin Proctor’s Scar
Twistleton
Panorama

Yorkshire Grit:
Almscliff (particularly photos from the north-west wall)
Brimham
Ilkley
Crookrise
Rylstone
Widdop
Heptonstall
Earl Crag

North York Moors:
Park Nab
Ravenscar
The Wainstones
Scugdale
Whitestone

tomtom

• forum hero
I've got some selfies from last time I was drinking cans of Strongbow on top of Almscliff if that would help?

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
I've got some selfies from last time I was drinking cans of Strongbow on top of Almscliff if that would help?

Not very useful I'm afraid. If you've got any showing the proper approach along the top of the wall then that would be very helpful.

Stabbsy

• junky
I presume you're missing out crags that you've already got enough stuff for? If not, then it's an odd list. It's not very select in terms of Lancashire crags - I mean Jack Scout Cove FFS. I can imagine some seriously disappointed people when they get there.

Bradders

• forum hero
I presume you're missing out crags that you've already got enough stuff for? If not, then it's an odd list. It's not very select in terms of Lancashire crags - I mean Jack Scout Cove FFS. I can imagine some seriously disappointed people when they get there.

Quite, I mean who would want to select anything from Lancashire?

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones

Yeah, this is not by any means a final list. Different areas are at different stages. Yorkshire limestone and Northumberland are the furthest ahead; then Yorkshire grit; and Lancashire still has some way to go. It's very likely that the Lancashire crags list will be revised down significantly, but at this stage I'm panicking a bit about how few photos we have for the area and it's best just to scoop up as much as we can get. It's likely that in this appeal we will get very many more photos for the more significant crags which will be the first choices to keep in - so I expect the vast majority of good photos that are submitted will be usable in the end.

And yes, the crag list is not complete for each area. There's a number of crags for which I've got heaps of photos so I've not listed them. It's fairly obvious which they are so if you've any belters from there (particularly if they're pictures of BAME or female climbers) then please send them in.

Paul B

• forum hero
It's worth noting that some of the Lancs crags listed aren't yet reopened.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Nothing from Northumberland needed?

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
Nothing from Northumberland needed?

I think Steve has got Northumberland fairly well covered. That said, if you've got any good photos from the major crags then they could always be useful for elsewhere in the book. Even things like scenery shots will be useful for providing nice backdrops. Who knows, you may even submit a cover shot!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I'll have a look. I've got tons of Yorkshire ones, but all on slide.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal