UKBouldering.com

Howshaw, hold on Black Rhino/Broke Beak (Read 2047 times)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Howshaw, hold on Black Rhino/Broke Beak
June 03, 2020, 02:02:56 pm
Just a heads up to anyone thinking of trying these in the next couple of weeks. The beak hold on Broke Beak has broke off. I have it at home at the mo and will be going up to repair it in the next week or so. I'll post up when it's back in place. I think it broke off while someone was pulling on it, but just to remind anyone trying it, please only use as a handhold, not as a foothold.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
It's now stuck back on. Seems sturdy. As mentioned before though, don't use as a foothold, it's doesn't affect the grade not to.

cofe

• forum hero
Nice work yoot. Just checking it's not used as a foothold on Brokebeak (looks like it is on monkey boy's vid)? Not that I've stood on it! Obvs defo out on Black Rhino.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
no fact hunts

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Did you go up to repair it this weekend? Is Black Rhino dry?

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah
good work Jon.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Nice work yoot. Just checking it's not used as a foothold on Brokebeak (looks like it is on monkey boy's vid)? Not that I've stood on it! Obvs defo out on Black Rhino.
Yes, I did. I could do the move with or without it as a footer but was a bit easier on that prob to use it and you dont put much weight through it. On BR it doesn't help much and you do weight it quite a bit.
I packed it out with more resin this time, so hopefully it's stronger. But still, best not risk overloading it if you can avoid it.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
The immediate area around the hold was dry, but the orob was pretty wet with seepage and condensation, but it was the day after heavy rain and foggy drizzle.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
The immediate area around the hold was dry, but the orob was pretty wet with seepage and condensation, but it was the day after heavy rain and foggy drizzle.

Cheers, I'll wait. Good work reattaching it

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal