UKBouldering.com

Where to go at Easter/is Font overrated? (Read 2186 times)

PlainCroi$$ant

• regular
Where to go at Easter/is Font overrated?
March 10, 2020, 03:58:44 pm
Hi all,

A group of about 9 of us are taking around 6 days at Easter to go bouldering some where in Europe. Keen to get some ideas on destinations.

Essentially, where would you go for that period of time?

Font is being pushed a fair bit but I'm keen to explore somewhere different (ie Ticino, provided coronavirus isn't an issue) as we've all climbed in Font plenty of times over the years - or should I accept that the volume in Font is unbeatable and we should go there...

Thanks in advance!

Bradders

• forum hero
No way is Font over rated.

That notwithstanding; Sweden? Fairhead? Albarracin?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Ticino will definitely be an issue by the look of things. At the current rate, you might be allowed to go to Torridon for a week.

What you looking for, bouldering only?

PlainCroi$$ant

• regular
Yeah just bouldering for this trip!

Haha, we can set up camp under Malc's arete if that's the way it goes

Camo

• regular
I’ve been to Font twice and loved it. I’ve been to Albarracin once and El Cogul once as well.

Font has the best quality rock and best variety overall. I really enjoyed both trips there and got the impression I could spend a decade there and not even scratch the surface. Only downside was the contasnt feeling our van was was going to get robbed.

Albarracin was great and seems to have more reliable weather than Font from my experience. I didn’t think the rock was as good as font but there was still some great problems and loads to go at.   

El cogul was really nice but is a lot smaller than the other two destinations. I’m keen to go back there to do this stunning arête problem called survival that I couldn’t sus decent beta for last time.

PlainCroi$$ant

• regular
Thanks! Never heard of El Cogul - looks cool.

Anyone been to Vastervik and would they recommend it for a 5/6 day trip?

owensum

• player
Wow I feel triggered. Font over-rated? Ummm no

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal