UKBouldering.com

Wash your hands club 520. 24th Feb - 1st March 2020 (Read 4374 times)

sam_read

Nothing for me this week unfortunately, started a new job in Bournemouth so spent the entire week down there meeting folk 8 - 5 in the office then out each evening on work socials.

I’m getting slightly better at accepting when this happens, it is what it is, especially with new jobs. I’ve got myself a problem solver finger board to take away with me when I stay away for work, the hotel has a good gym/sauna.

Did some work at a doctors surgery so made the most of the scales at weighed in at 65kg, nearly on my fighting weight for when spring arrives.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Wow tomtom, you must have an incredible reach-to-weight ratio...

Oh my sweet summer child, you ain't seen nuthin' yet!

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
Power Club

Mon - ab wheels, weights.
Tue - rest.
Wed - fingers garage, quite good. TB DL in between hangs up to 2xBW again after ages without going heavy. Rack pulls then. Heavy session.
Thu - clean and press finisher 30" 36 kg, brutal; pull ups finisher 30" idem; landmine complex lateral pulls (5" pause at top) into press. Good session despite being physically tired.
Fri - rest.
Sat - weights, mainly finishers.
Sun - rest.

tomtom

• forum hero
Wow tomtom, you must have an incredible reach-to-weight ratio...

Oh my sweet summer child, you ain't seen nuthin' yet!

:D

If only I had some power... :)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
M - skin was fucked after Sunday's dash to Gardoms. Did one arm hangs benchmarking session anyway. Used same large edge as I've been using for two arm hangs for comparison. Calculated ratio of 1:1.75 which I think means I have a fairly average bilateral deficit. Time to get a slightly smaller edge. All the max hang protocols suggest using a 20mm edge but I can't seem to find one for sale online. If anyone has a suitably sized spare campus rung please give me a shout.

T - Wall. Mostly played on the board to preserve skin with its nice smooth wooden holds.. Did a 7A+ in two overlapping halves repeatedly but couldn't stick the final jump to a slot.

W - Core. Boring but effective. Finished with properly stretching hamstrings for first time in probably years!

T - Max hangs again, this time using middle slot on BM2K. A lot harder on this slightly smaller edge. Managed to just about maintain the level of 7.5kg assist, only failing on last few seconds of the 5th set.

F - schlepped up to the Western Lakes from Leicester. Long way!

S - Eskdale Fisherground. Some nice enjoyable warm ups on the Diamond Slab. Strong Arete on the next boulder up was excellent although seemed to have discovered a new and far easier sequence than the book suggests. Dilemma at about 6B was also very good down in the woods. Ticked some other bits and pieces before finishing by by thrashing myself on Robs Wall stand. Should have flashed it and tickled the top hold before going backwards as the power went down. Sharp rock took its toll on my skin but a great venue.

S - Carrock Fell. Never been before so was psyched. Some great vertical highballs on the Boardman Boulder before slogging up the hill to the Canada Boulder. As much as it pains me to agree with Will's downgrade Nova Scotia Arete is not 6C+; it is however very good. Went across to the Toe Jam & Earl boulder and did the second half of this at allegedly 7A+. Felt about 6C starting from the extremely obvious jug at chest height, only to discover later that the problem apparently starts two moves lower. Why it does this is anyone's guess when the starting hold is that obvious; the search for difficulty at the expense of a good, balanced problem strikes again.. finished up at Knight Rider which looked amazing. Would have liked to try it but was wasted by this point. Everyone else smashed it in which was great to watch.

Great weekend in the Lakes; still chronically dehydrated after drinking more wine than water across the two days.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal