UKBouldering.com

La Sportiva Finale size and 'stretch' (Read 2603 times)

felipefm

La Sportiva Finale size and 'stretch'
February 26, 2020, 02:13:53 pm
I just got some La Sportiva Finale at Cotswold today for 67 pounds, quite cheap. Does it stretch a half or a full size? I got a 44 and it's tight but usable, even though it hurts over time. 43 was super hurtful, and they don't have 43.5 EUR size (I'm a 10.5 UK size). I'm afraid of taking it to the wall hoping it will give and fit better and lose my return rights. Any tips, experiences with these shoes Ta!

Cheers,
F.

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
#1 Re: La Sportiva Finale size and 'stretch'
February 26, 2020, 02:22:52 pm
Sportivas normally stretch plenty. I'd have thought you'll be fine.

HarryBD

• player
#2 Re: La Sportiva Finale size and 'stretch'
February 26, 2020, 03:12:20 pm
They stretch a LOT like maybe 2 sizes.

felipefm

They stretch a LOT like maybe 2 sizes.

do you know if it's normal for the toes to be a little bit arched before it stretches? I'm having a hard time imagining it'll stretch that much ahha. it doesn't hurt much, but my toes (aside from the big one) they are arched, as it is very tight!

HarryBD

• player
Depends what fit you’re after probably I’ve only had one pair - toes weren’t flat but also weren’t curled up when they were new and now they’re really baggy.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
Hi Felipe, no one on the internet can know for certain if you have the right size but if you can get a 43 onto your foot, it’s likely that 44 will stretch into a fairly comfortable size for you. Slightly curled toes is common enough.
Stick your feet in plastic bags to help slide them on and wear them round the house. That should help them stretch out.

felipefm

Thanks Jonathan and Harry! I'm filling them with socks and leaving them in the radiator haha I'll start wearing them around the house as well, thanks for the tip. At least if they don't stretch I can return as it won't be used.

felipefm

Ugh, i've been wearing them for two days on and off and it's still very tight on the curly toes haha. When I'm not wearing it I put a lot of socks in it and leave them close to the radiator. the left one is specially tight. Should I just persist? :(

Cheers!

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
Well you’ll have to come to your own conclusion, but a couple of points to consider:
Wearing them will mean a bit of walking round to get them to stretch, not just being sat down with sore toes.
I doubt socks or radiators will impact on their size in any degree, I wouldn’t bother.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal