UKBouldering.com

Power Club 503 21st - 27th October (Read 7106 times)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#25 Re: Power Club 503 21st - 27th October
October 29, 2019, 11:26:51 am
 :lol:

I'm more about the sandbagging and heckling at the moment

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#26 Re: Power Club 503 21st - 27th October
October 29, 2019, 11:40:52 am
Family week away in Callander. Gorgeous Stirlingshire countryside, cold but clear weather. Recommend it as a base for exploring the area, great road cycling, offroad cycling, running routes, hill walks and, a nice scenic town to wander about (unlike Fort William and Aviemore).

S - drive, late walk into town and back
S - bike ride to Strathyre Cafe and back with kids - 17 km. Run up to Bracklinn Falls and beyond - steep 14 km. Beautiful run.
M - 12 km ride to Balquidder from Strathyre town with kids. First really cold day, kids now know what hotaches feel like. Mhor 84 Inn great for food. Steep 7 km to top of Callander Crags, slow stumble down in the dark.
T - day off - into Glasgow to shop for warmer cycling stuff.
W - 16 km cycle in forest from Aberfoyle. Great cycle apart from one really steep switchback ascent where i figured out I can cycle with daughters bike on one handlebar. Not recommended though. Pushed our luck with distance for kids though, there was a near mutiny.
T - walk to top of Callander Crags with kids. Found new bolted routes, be a fun spot for climbing with kids in the future. Run to top of Ben Gullipan (Tump tick!) 16 km. beautiful run, amazing views. Went off piste down bracken "path" off the side, which disappeared, and ended up in tight trees, but luckily picked up jeep track for stunning sunset along Invertrossachs road.
F - nowt, drive home
S - felt crap, cold coming on
S - still feeling crap, nothing.

Have a quandary as to whether to run the ultra next Saturday or watch the World Cup Final. Decisions, decisions.

I've got Glen Ogle Ultra on Saturday too, but if this chest cold persists I won't even be starting.

gollum

• obsessive maniac
#27 Re: Power Club 503 21st - 27th October
October 29, 2019, 02:56:07 pm

I've got Glen Ogle Ultra on Saturday too, but if this chest cold persists I won't even be starting.

Hope you recover enough to get to the start line, half the battle apparently.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#28 Re: Power Club 503 21st - 27th October
October 29, 2019, 03:09:48 pm
So they say. I'm a bit gutted because I've not been ill for a few years, and never not missed a race because of illness.

gollum

• obsessive maniac
#29 Re: Power Club 503 21st - 27th October
October 29, 2019, 06:36:17 pm
So they say. I'm a bit gutted because I've not been ill for a few years, and never not missed a race because of illness.

Fingers crossed

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal