the shizzle > diet, training and injuries

Relative Energy Deficiency in Sport (RED-S)

<< < (2/26) > >>

cheque:
I'm pretty sure RED-S used to sponsor Crawley Town a few years ago.

Takes a lot of guts to altruistically write an article like this, particularly all the periods stuff. If nothing else it's an absolute goldmine for those of us who might want a resource of excuses for only training once a week and eating Jaffa Cakes at the crag.  ;)

shark:

--- Quote from: nick63 on October 21, 2019, 12:47:31 pm ---Is it better to get strong at a healthy weight (whatever that is) or calorie restrict and risk the consequences of RED-S?

--- End quote ---

Or tactically and temporarily drop the weight for when you need to perform

Paul B:
That's a really well written piece. I'm glad to see people writing (and publishing) such things rather than the Insta/FB "only the good bits".

--- Quote ---but I realise now there was also an element of compulsive behaviour and using exercise as an emotional management tool.
--- End quote ---

:guilty:  :-[

Nibile:
Excellent piece of writing on a crucial subject.

Mr E S Capegoat:
Branding as ‘Red-s’ gives an opportunity for an industry to pop up around what appears to be already well recognised psychologically mediated sets of symptoms e.g disordered eating and compulsive / obsessional training. They’ll be some Red-s experts out there I’m sure. Life coaches in the wholistic sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version