UKBouldering.com

Power Club 502 14th - 20th October (Read 7631 times)

galpinos

• forum hero
#25 Re: Power Club 502 14th - 20th October
October 21, 2019, 03:28:44 pm

Sun: First skiing of the season at Keystone. One run open a long 3.5 mile green. Perfect for getting the technique back and starting firing again. V cold and windy with 6 inches of snow falling throughout the day. 33 miles total (think that may include lifts) and 15,000ft of skiing descent. So psyched for the season. More snow forecast so further runs should be open next weekend.

I've never met you but already hate you. I've only just joined Power Club but if your posts are going to be filled with smug skiing entries I'm going have to quit in an envy induced state of rage.

mr chaz

• obsessive maniac
#26 Re: Power Club 502 14th - 20th October
October 21, 2019, 03:50:11 pm
Don't worry galpinos. Simple mistake on Coops' behalf - misread as powder club.

As you were...

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
#27 Re: Power Club 502 14th - 20th October
October 21, 2019, 04:39:39 pm

Sun: First skiing of the season at Keystone. One run open a long 3.5 mile green. Perfect for getting the technique back and starting firing again. V cold and windy with 6 inches of snow falling throughout the day. 33 miles total (think that may include lifts) and 15,000ft of skiing descent. So psyched for the season. More snow forecast so further runs should be open next weekend.

I've never met you but already hate you. I've only just joined Power Club but if your posts are going to be filled with smug skiing entries I'm going have to quit in an envy induced state of rage.
Haha, apologies Galpinos. Maybe I should use the NSFW feature for these entries

Yossarian

• forum hero
#28 Re: Power Club 502 14th - 20th October
October 21, 2019, 07:20:38 pm
Insatiable, Split Rambo, Seven Months Later and Liquid Crystal (at some point).
I really enjoyed Insatiable - perfect route for a boulderer

Yep, that looked great. The Wave routes do look like they pack a lot in. There was some self-deprecatory dismissal of Liquid Crystal in the Project 8a thread (which I keep meaning to revive) by Andy W, who described it as, "short and shit", but in the vids I've seen of it the climbing looks cool and the ascentionists look pretty syked. (Plus there's the advantage of not needing to worry too much about shuffling around the circuit board in preparation...)

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#29 Re: Power Club 502 14th - 20th October
October 22, 2019, 02:34:36 pm
Shark, +1 on the post-project crash. Totally normal.

Nai   :strongbench:

STG: continue rehab. Try some vertical 7as.
MTG: 7b+ by the end of the year.
LTG: tbc

M - Westway bouldering to ’V3’. Sore elbow.
T - 7km slow jog. Shoulder strength: one arm planks, side planks, one arm IsYsTs.
W - Fingerboard, 18mm edge. ‘Max’ hangs type of session. Elbow OK with this.
T - Pull-ups (2 reps per set)- a mistake, elbow didn’t like this. Squats, pistols.
F - 9km slow jog.
S - Portland with Mike Highbury and Cyan. Warmed up then tried Last Rose of Summer (7a) which I managed to scratch up. However...one line of bolts up a featureless wall of shells looks much like another and it turned out I’d actually done most of Daydream Believer (6c+), not in the guidebook, with a move or two of Last Rose for good measure. Followed up with Love the Smell of Resin ... (6c): more shell game.   
S - Catching up with old friends. Shoulder strength: planks, side planks, IsYsTs. Hip and knee strength. Elbow sore.

Shoulder much better; elbow not better. Good to get outside on a glorious day with good company. Felt like I had a little in hand on Daydream Believer/Last Rose and should be capable of harder in this style. Off to Siurana in a week but will have to forego the PE top-up as this is almost guaranteed to stir up the elbow.   

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
#30 Re: Power Club 502 14th - 20th October
October 22, 2019, 02:55:55 pm
Great effort Nai! Having a rest day in the hotel while it pisses it down so thought I might as well annoy Andy.

Finally did Adios Pepito at the Piscineta yesterday in five sessions. Quite pleased with this as it is the first step stabilising the pyramid and I have found the style here very challenging. The route itself is incredible; 45m long and pure endurance. Fell off several times at the crux at 35m, including once just after it  :wall: , before making it to the final kneebar and going to the top. Good timing as well as it is absolutely pissing it down here and will continue to do so tomorrow.

Tried to respond to Barrows last week but the thread seemed to be locked. I think you are right that I'm unfamilar with the style/ not as comfortable on thuggy routes etc, but I also think I am right that a certain amount of bouldering power (ie upper arm/ shoulders being strong) is really helpful here. I think I would go better here in spring than autumn for that reason. I don't think the Bat Route crux power I had accrued is that relevant as I had it so dialled and efficient by the end and the style is so different; its totally static compared to Rodellar climbing. As such I have been completely spanked here but its been a lot of fun and hopefully made me a better climber. I certainly didn't expect to be onsighting 8a and sure enough I haven't been! Very pleased with even getting up one.

Raining tomorrow so giving skin a much needed rest before going to Siurana for a week or so on Friday. Anticipate mostly onsighting which will be great.

monkoffunk

• forum abuser
  • sponsored by 90% lindt and vitamin D
#31 Re: Power Club 502 14th - 20th October
October 22, 2019, 03:44:28 pm
STG - Heal finger. Get boulder strong.
Lose weight back 74kg.
MTG - Boulder projects.
LTG - 7C

M - Board at Rockburn. Reasonable session.

T - Rest

W - nothing.

T - Board at Bouldershack. Also reasonable. Not quite trusting finger on 45. Some roof stuff.

F - S - Nothing.

Mostly rest with some maintenance. Finger has needed some time off despite not being that bad. Will test it out this week. Once it’s better I really want to start working towards the 7C stuff around Portland so need to get working harder and more consistently! Slightly more optimism about this weeks weather forecast.

Duma

• forum hero
#32 Re: Power Club 502 14th - 20th October
October 22, 2019, 06:00:34 pm
In case anyone doesn't hate spidermonkey yet, here's what piscineta looks like :

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3y0m2hID0p/?igshid=1cmyevh3ge5j1

Worth swiping to the last pic for a sense of scale

dunnyg

• forum hero
#33 Re: Power Club 502 14th - 20th October
October 22, 2019, 06:17:16 pm
 :o

Bradders

• forum hero
#34 Re: Power Club 502 14th - 20th October
October 22, 2019, 07:16:19 pm
In case anyone doesn't hate spidermonkey yet, here's what piscineta looks like :

Jeepers. Makes me want to take up sport climbing.

first step stabilising the pyramid

Assuming your UKC logbook is accurate, your pyramid looks more like a stick! Incredible stuff. Hope you enjoy broadening it out a bit more.

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah
#35 Re: Power Club 502 14th - 20th October
October 23, 2019, 07:16:24 am
We'd
Works - Comp wall problems

Thu
Quick warmup and campus session in the kitchen

Sat
Tiny bit of fingerboarding

Sun
Burbage North - Checked out Cinzano Roof - unlikely I'll ever go back to this. Then All Quiet direct, which was affected by run-off. I was still able to climb direct start but then dropped off. Then over to Voyager for the first pull-on of the season. Just had one pad, intending to just try the first move to see if I had pro/regressed much. First go I got through to setting up for the crux throw. Had a few more goes which weren't quite as good, felt like I didn't really have my eye in on the jump to the crimp and kept fumbling it. Although, having one pad, I was jumping off a cheat block which was wobbly and in the wrong place. Very pleased with this, I'll take enough pads and start trying it properly next chance I get.

Good week in terms of climbing. Three full sessions! Promising start to grit season.

galpinos

• forum hero
#36 Re: Power Club 502 14th - 20th October
October 23, 2019, 09:32:25 am

He's added to the list.....

People I hate on Power Club
Coops_13
spidermonkey

dunnyg

• forum hero
#37 Re: Power Club 502 14th - 20th October
October 23, 2019, 10:03:46 am
Is that a ukb wiki list?

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
#38 Re: Power Club 502 14th - 20th October
October 23, 2019, 01:03:04 pm

It is as good as it looks! Adios starts on the pillar like feature in the centre of the photo and then takes the leftward line of weakness to the lip.

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
#39 Re: Power Club 502 14th - 20th October
October 23, 2019, 03:13:31 pm
Is that a ukb wiki list?
Should get Remus to look after it for you galpinos

And don't worry, I've had an annoying wrist injury for five weeks so have been off climbing - if that makes you feel any better

36chambers

• forum hero
#40 Re: Power Club 502 14th - 20th October
October 23, 2019, 03:43:19 pm
Is that a ukb wiki list?
Should get Remus to look after it for you galpinos

And don't worry, I've had an annoying wrist injury for five weeks so have been off climbing - if that makes you feel any better

Trying to climb a font 5 crack again?

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
#41 Re: Power Club 502 14th - 20th October
October 23, 2019, 03:55:55 pm
Trying to climb a font 5 crack again?
  :furious: playing volleyball  :no:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal