UKBouldering.com

Wharncliffe Parking - 2019 (Read 1417 times)

JoelWood

Wharncliffe Parking - 2019
August 19, 2019, 01:36:57 pm
So.. age old question, where can I park for the bouldering at Wharncliffe that isn't a ridiculous walk in on the pennine trail.. as obviously I'm a boulderer and boy do I hate long walk ins with 2 pads and the rest!

I have seen people mention parking on Lodge Ln. However this is private land/access can be sensitive for hunting and what not.

Wanted to know whether people had parked on the top recently and where they had parked, and what the approach was like from where you parked.

Cheers!

mark20

• junky
#1 Re: Wharncliffe Parking - 2019
August 19, 2019, 02:38:27 pm
There’s a  big lay-by just North of lodge lane. Walk north along the road for 50m and follow the track to the left. Where it bends right, go straight through the woods to join a good path that runs rightwards along side the stone wall. Keep alongside the wall, through a gate, until it brings you out in the crag top path. Can be a bit muddy in places so wear your decathlon wellies
It’s not much quicker but flatter
I put a map on peakbouldering.info page
http://peakbouldering.info/areas/1-eastern-grit/crags/18-wharncliffe#.XVqlGCTTXYU

JoelWood

#2 Re: Wharncliffe Parking - 2019
August 19, 2019, 03:47:38 pm
Sweet! Cheers for that! Is the layby sketchy in any regards? I've heard people mention smashed window glass/break ins?

mark20

• junky
#3 Re: Wharncliffe Parking - 2019
August 19, 2019, 04:19:16 pm
If I ever stop off on the way back from work, in the work van, I park at the bottom as it's just not worth the risk. But I've never actually had, or heard of, anyone having a problem at the top parking.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal