UKBouldering.com

Power or fun? club 490 22nd - 28th July (Read 6424 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
Perhaps the thread should be renamed "depressing as fuck club"?

You can always do that next week when you start the thread with your entry Alex.....

:)

abarro81

• forum hero
Sorry, that wasn't aimed at you, just at this:

I am reasonably content to just fill time; not being in the house (and not drinking!) is a small victory. 

...it really does spoil a pleasant day out for the rest of me.

Why not just go walking or trad climbing or something?

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
too much like hard work... and I think you misunderstand me, I really enjoy the act of climbing at my limits for its own sake.  It's just that in the midst of a grinding seige it can be hard to maintain that attitude, so I also try to cultivate a sense of contentment with just being there.

monkoffunk

• forum abuser
  • sponsored by 90% lindt and vitamin D
Two weeks for me.

STG - Sport projects (any of them).  Do more DWS.
Maintain Lose weight back to 74kg.
MTG - Portland Font 7A+/B from unfinished list, autumn (or summer evenings).
LTG - 7C

M - Nothing I remember.

T - Red spider. Trying boulders, no training.

W - Long day.

Tues - Tues. Down in Loire valley for non climbing holiday with wife and brother and his girlfriend. Vast quantities of cheese, charcuterie, fancy food, wine, patisserie. So much for all my sanctimonious vegan chat, does not work 100% with the wife’s take on things. Back to reductions post return, might have to be more middle ground where we settle. 

W - Recovering.

T - Painting a ceiling in a hot room in the heat.

F - Long day.

S - Long day. 30 pull ups on portable board various sizes. Just trying to wake up arms.

S - Long day.

Bit of a break. Too much of good things on holiday, now weigh about 76kg, 2kg above where I’d like to be now, 4 above fighting weight. No regrets, just gotta sort it out a bit before next half of years plans.

Looking forward to getting back out climbing on anything easy or hard!

abarro81

• forum hero
too much like hard work... and I think you misunderstand me, I really enjoy the act of climbing at my limits for its own sake.  It's just that in the midst of a grinding seige it can be hard to maintain that attitude, so I also try to cultivate a sense of contentment with just being there.

Gottcha, that sounds much more mentally healthy than it did when I read your first post!

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Cheers - I really am not as moody as I make out - just very protective of my own psyche.  In an ideal world I would have be joyously ticking new stuff all the time, and have a less complicated attitude.  Unfortunately, ineptitude and having already picked all the low hanging fruit in Yorkshire means I have to take pleasure in slightly less obvious / objective aspects of climbing. 

It's why I have really enjoyed a resumption of bouldering this Spring - triggered by getting the new Lakes guide.  Getting back to the primary aim of getting out to different places, cranking hard, and usually coming home with a tick or at least some appreciable progress.  It's all been so encouraging that I've made some lifestyle changes to see how far I can push my decrepit carcass (Tom Randall would be so proud!).

Steve R

• forum abuser
M - Wall pm. v light bouldering + stretch + some conditioning
T- attempting to escape the heat at Lorry park quarry - did supercrack and the long 7a corner, both top routes.  Then headed to long tor quarry for a look at the boltest, relatively cool temps in there but holds were  condensing pretty badly.  Lots of good moves but unable to string many of them together in those cons.
W - rest.  boiling     
T- same again but boilinger.
F-  Wall for a bit pm. hot, not great, feeling feeble.
S- wall for a bit pm. similar to last night.
S-rest

Good day out on Tues in the heat but bad week overall - feeling very much off the boil inside.  Probably down to an inevitable dip in form following a run of good weeks and then compounded by the hot weather.   Weight back up to 75kg.  No excuses but social events and the heat did for reduction campaign this week - discipline went entirely.  All's not lost though, still motivated and uninjured so will aim to do better this week, hopefully get outside and also regain some snap indoors.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
W - rest.  boiling     
T- same again but boilinger.

Effort to everyone keeping the faith in this weather even if it’s just keeping ticking over.  :2thumbsup:

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Short update from me - I somehow managed to go to the hottest, flattest part of the country for a holiday.

Spent Sun-Sat in Cambridge house-sitting at my mate's place. Did precisely nothing by way of training but continued the non-boozing (on > 2 weeks now).

Only other notable thing is that I appear to have lost c.3lbs since I last weighed myself back in May.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal