UKBouldering.com

Occasionally triumphant club 491 29th July - 4th August 2019 (Read 11532 times)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
I've just realised I stupidly missed out the biggest tick of the week. With my own eyeballs, I saw him: the Leaping Boy. Johnny Dawes ordering half a lager in the Vaynol. Boom!
Later in the evening I saw him browsing a book of paintings with his friends.

So now I have actually spoken to Dave Birkett (he said to me, "you'll never improve!"  :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:) and seen Johnny. The two heroes of my adolescence. What's left for me to strive for in climbing now? I feel almost empty.

tomtom

• forum hero

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix

webbo

• forum hero
You could do a route with Charlton Chestwig.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
The two heroes of my adolescence. What's left for me to strive for in climbing now? I feel almost empty.

Bivvying in a cave in Estes with Derek Hershey drinking beer to experience the buzz you get at altitude

Urged on by Ben and Jerry who were bouldering at Minus Ten as I shook my way across the traverse of Traffic Jam

Watching Basher self belay on a rope and sit on a draw to smoke a rollie as he contemplated the crux of Mecca

Watching Jibe lose his cool and scream like a banshee as he did the second ascent of Rage de Vivre

Stevie Haston giving me a mouthful on the Dru when I showered rocks down

Thomas Huber braking to a halt in Yosemite Village and jumping out his car to ask if I’d done Astroman

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Doylo

• forum hero
The two heroes of my adolescence. What's left for me to strive for in climbing now? I feel almost empty.

Bivvying in a cave in Estes with Derek Hershey drinking beer to experience the buzz you get at altitude

Urged on by Ben and Jerry who were bouldering at Minus Ten as I shook my way across the traverse of Traffic Jam

Watching Basher self belay on a rope and sit on a draw to smoke a rollie as he contemplated the crux of Mecca

Watching Jibe lose his cool and scream like a banshee as he did the second ascent of Rage de Vivre

Stevie Haston giving me a mouthful on the Dru when I showered rocks down

Thomas Huber braking to a halt in Yosemite Village and jumping out his car to ask if I’d done Astroman

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

A life well lived. #FuckTheOak

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones

I wouldn't have been able to speak for days afterwards, let alone reply.

IanP

• forum abuser

A life well lived. #FuckTheOak

One of the great things about climbing is that we all share the same playing field - I remember well getting beta of big Ron on the green traverse back in the early 90s and then many years later Amy got congratulated by him after her first ever outdoor lead last year!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal