UKBouldering.com

Self affirmation club 482 27th May - 2nd June 2019 (Read 7258 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
M: Work

Tu: Work and Frodo at Anstons in the evening. Met up with Plattsy. Felt crap on Nazgul LH - then half way through the session figured out some new toe-hookery that made getting set up for the final move much much less testing (and percentage). Then proceeded to drop the final pocket 3-4 times before running out of juice.

We:

Th:

Fri: Had an hour/90 min for a session at Blackstone in the morning. Bobbed up and got Fridge Hugger done with the first 'RP' of the day.

Really quite anti-climactic... I was a bit pissed off almost. Conditions were not great and my hands were squirming around alot - so the filmed ascent was really quite scrappy (well it felt it to me). I even went and did it again afterwards to see if it felt any better. It didnt :) Felt superb when I did it last week and then dropped it... Probably because last week I unlocked the last bit of micro beta to make it go - and this week just turned up   - warmed up and did it. I knew I could do it - just needed to be fresh. More affirmation that I prefer the process rather than the result! (though that doesnt mean I don't like the result).

Anyway, second 7B+ of the season (equallying or bettering the last 4 years) and it is a very good problem. It looks really thuggy - but its actually more technical - all about body position and that flick of the foot onto the front. Unlike Nazgul where I really just need to be a bit stronger :D

Friday evening - Brother in law, partner and 3 kids turned up for the weekend and they've just gone... so I did nothing else!

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Sunday - Hollywood Bowl. Warmed up on Seconds Choice then onto Illywacker. Dogged up and it felt the living end. Tried a few duff sequences on various bits and came down still with some questions. Didn't find the knee bar.
Sean went up and figured a few things out including the knee bar.
Second go up did the first bit nicely but still not getting into knee bar nicely. Played on that then struggled like crazy on the crux.
Third and last go. Set off still with some residual tiredness in the arms. Cruised the first bit and got the knee bar really nicely. Rested there for half a min and went up. Went wrong handed and had to reverse a move and go again. Just about snatched through the crux to the chain and very nearly wobbled myself off getting it clipped. Chuffed, very surprising.

Feel a bit cheeky as I've already put it up to 7c in the new guide which makes it my first 7c  :devil-smiley:

Was really fantastic to go to the crag I wanted to go to rather than the crag that guidebook work necessitated, but nowhere else would have been dry.

Duma

• forum hero
Well done TT

Goals: Uninjured, 70kg, 8A in UK, Rocklands in June.

M - TCA afternoon, mostly on the mothership, working the big wood traverse. Managed to link from halfway, prob 7B ish from here, and got all moves but one on the first half. Decent session considering knackered from weekend at work.

T - 30PU, 20VSit, 10SU, 15PINCU. Max hangs, 6x10s +25kg. Was at ucr so on bm2000 pockets rather than the lattice edge. Completed OK but struggled to stay strict half crimp.

W - TCA eve, tired from work. New whites were up (mid 6's) so went round and did them, didn't flash 5, so slightly sub par I guess. Then working wood on the mothership - got better sequence for start third, now just about done in three parts. Would be good challenge to get start half linked, esp as it's v steep and bicepy.

T - rest. Drive to Cornwall with daughter.

F - rest

S - rest

S - rest. Drive home.

Av ?kg, but prob too heavy

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Nice one guys

Light week/half term

M-Th nowt

Fri - knee not happy steep bouldering so:
fingerboard - 10x10s hangs
offset hands, weighted foot-on campussing
I,Y & Ts, Scap shrugs
Core

Sat - short core session

Sun -
same fingerboard
same campus routine
same IYT
Core

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Good ticks Will and TT

11.2-3 average 157.0 up 1.1lb

M.

T.

W. Morning. Tor. Guy and Nick already there. Lucinda, Reeve and Marie showed later. Should have been good conditions but somehow wasn’t. Also a couple of pounds heavier after two days away in London eating and drinking out. Felt rubbish on warm up. Experimented with kick move. Toyed with idea of coming back tomorrow but checked forecast and was going to be warmer. Had a go from start and surprised myself by getting to second kneebar but struggled with it and it slipped out so lost energy and failed on stretch to rib. Had another go and got to first kneebar but failed on set up. Tried to do a link from second kneebar to top but spent.
Eve. Second session of duration hangs. Good improvement on Sunday

T.

F. Morning. Turned up at 8.40am - Nick had been there since 7.30. Thought it would be condensed but was fine. Johnny G also there - not seen him since interview. Showed me where he got to on Brandenberg. Lengthy warm up. Go1 got to high point and blew it again. Getting silly now. Just needed to pull a little harder on the right arm. Felt busted after that. Further attempt was no good so called it

S.

S. 4 hour walk with friends up Losehill along Great Ridge to Mam Tor then back to Hope via Cave Dale for beers and sunday lunch

Steve R

• forum abuser
M - Church crag, cons not great - bit condensey esp. on the right but very enjoyable session.  Finger felt good.
T-
W -MV wall pm.  felt good on board.
T- Played a bit of tennis for first time in a few years.  fun and quite tiring.
F- Late session at wall.  Good session on board again - definitely still improving and feeling steadily stronger but plateau must be coming soon.
S- Intended to get outside somewwhere but horrendous humidity + car delayed in mot so didn't/couldn't.  Helped out for a few hours in the eve, problem setting and testing for student comp at mad vols wall.  Pretty good long session.
S- sport spectating day - watched last night's boxing on youtube then went and watched end of comp at wall, was intending to climb after but feeling quite knackered so just a bit of stretching and chatting.  was looking fwd to superbike tt race coverage but races cancelled til tomorrow.

Good week, finger feels almost there now - seemingly miraculously, lump on side of a2 which has varied in size, hardness and tenderness for many months all but vanished literally over night, last night.  seems strange but def not complaining.  Still haven't shifted any weight, intend to get invested with that enterprise this week.  Hopefully get outside a bit more too once I've got my motor back.

gollum

• obsessive maniac
 M - Back in the gym with a vengeance. Push day. Benching for 5x5 up to 80k followed with declines and inclines including drop set flys with isometric holds. Chest a’twitching. A bit of core and TRX to finish.
5k treadmill recovery jog, walk, shuffle.
Depot in the afternoon, just for fun. Tick one of yellows, loads of woods and repeat a few purples. Great session with friends.
T - Pull day. Start with rack pulls up to 160 for doubles followed by some standing rows, prone rows, explosive pull-ups and Aussie rows on the exercise band.
Good 5k at lunch with a bit of speed at the end.
Depot in the evening. Start with Max FB session on centre hold of BM2K. Body weight and above for first few sets until I couldn’t maintain the hang for 5seconds and then counterweight to get 10seconds out on final sets. Managed to get up to plus 5k when I failed, which feels like progress.
Board session which goes pretty well with some successes and some failures with lots of effort, plus a few lacklustre failures as well.
W - Back to benching. Doubles up to 95, inclines, declines and then some work on triceps which makes a pleasant change.
On duty so stuck on the treadmill for this week, when I want to run. Good hill session with 30 minutes upwards. Felt like fun.
Depot in the evening and just had lots of fun with friends. Warmed up with some weighted edge pulls. Worked through all the new blacks and played with a few other things. Really great to see everyone else getting on so well and having such a great time.
T - Steady pull day. Deadlifts to 140 to warm up followed by shrugs, rows and Roman Chair. Then on to four sets of OAP and finish with some bog standard bicep curls. Lunchtime treadmill trot to empty my head.
Depot in the evening. Warm up by campusing and have a pretty successful session hitting benchmarks but not improving on them. Then on to do a project session. Making definite progress. First problem I have done before but am getting the middle section much tidier now. Second problem; I seem to have forgotten all the subtle body positions on the first half, although have the top dialled. By the end I’m getting into the groove on all of it again. Third problem was something completely new and only made limited progress, but at least that is some progress. Finished off with some sets of 6 problems in 6 minutes, which definitely got the blood going.
F - Back to the push. Bench triples to 90k followed by decline and 30 degree inclines. Bit of TRX and then finish off with some shoulder strength work.
Early 5k treadmill before I start work as have a busy day ahead.
Depot for a quick visit in the late afternoon and manage to crack off three more of the yellows, which is pleasing. Try a few others which felt nails but a week ago every one of them from this set did and I thought I may not be able to do any, so who knows.
S - Planned a long run on the treadmill today but then got bored after 6k and bailed. Still nice and easy recovery run after a week of working hard.
S - Pull.Deadlifts to warm up, shrugs and lower back work, next a few OAP on either arm up to 4s on RH and 2s on LH followed by some TRX stuff. Finish with some work on biceps again.
Finish the week off from with a very steady trot staying close to home and running in circles.

Definitely felt like a good week with high motivation and getting things done.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Unlike Nazgul where I really just need to be a bit stronger :D

Did you try using the high little pinch for the LH? Worked well for me and I am most definitely not "a bit stronger"!  One of these problems that took me an awful lot of sessions to refine my beta and get the flow of the moves but felt incredibly easy (like 6c easy) when I did it.  I was there a few days later and someone else was investigating it - so to demonstrate my sequence I pulled on at the big lumpy move above the niche and comfortably finished it off first go (barely warmed-up) - suggests to me it's one of these knacky problems that are impossible then trivial.

tomtom

• forum hero
Unlike Nazgul where I really just need to be a bit stronger :D

Did you try using the high little pinch for the LH? Worked well for me and I am most definitely not "a bit stronger"!  One of these problems that took me an awful lot of sessions to refine my beta and get the flow of the moves but felt incredibly easy (like 6c easy) when I did it.  I was there a few days later and someone else was investigating it - so to demonstrate my sequence I pulled on at the big lumpy move above the niche and comfortably finished it off first go (barely warmed-up) - suggests to me it's one of these knacky problems that are impossible then trivial.
I gave that a bash Moose - and couldn’t get up to it with Lf on the spike and RH on the pinch (6 o clock)...

I can get up to pinch and Lh finger slot every time now just kept slipping out of the final (ish) jug/hole. Index finger was quite heavily taped (split) that didn’t help holding the jug. It’ll go now.. just need to keep my feet on for the throw.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Rehab Diaries Week Forty-one

STG- Sub-HVS *** Peak Trad list (17 16/26 remain), onsighting HVS/ low 6s by end of September.

T&W- Rest, recovering from Monday’s weights session detailed last week. Tuesday was the first anniversary of not having to wear the back brace and being able to start weighting my left leg.  :2thumbsup:

T- Gym, bike. Standard 30 minutes, standard increase of 1 on all the levels.

S- Stanage Plantation. Approached from Redmires: less driving + more walking= better rehab. Warm and a bit humid but the level I’m climbing at it’s all good as long as there’s a breeze to keep the midges off. Far be it from me to suggest there was a puntery atmosphere but there was a white guy with dreadlocks doing some kind of club-based circus tricks at the base of the crag.

Did a few easy routes then got on Fern Crack, the first of two Stanage routes on my list. Did not find it easy but really enjoyed it.  ;D Didn’t have anything left for the second route unfortunately.

S- Plan was for High Tor in the afternoon but the weather ruled that out, probably just as well as I was extremely sore which ruled out my plan B of going to the gym. Stretching, eating and trying to forget the incredible anticlimax of the previous night’s football instead.

Two gym sessions this week which I naïvely didn’t expect to still be doing at this stage but I do still benefit from them.

Doing Fern Crack (top end VS of the rests-between-the-hard-bits-and-great-gear variety for anyone unfamiliar with it) really brought home to me the specificity of fitness- there are just so many ways you can be fit or unfit and when you’ve had them all reset you’ve got to get them all back individually- I can pedal the exercise bike pretty close to as resistant as it’ll go for 30 minutes without being too “puffed out”, hike up to the top of Kinder carrying about 10kg and have my breath back within a minute or so & redpoint a 12m 7a without breathing too heavily afterwards but after climbing the first 3-4m of Fern Crack (Fist jamming/ laybacking, listed as a Font 4+ problem on UKC) I have to stand on a ledge for 5 minutes recovering!  :look: Good fun though- a lot of the routes on my list I’ve never seen in the flash before but ones like this that I’ve walked under loads of tines and said “oh yeah that’s Fern Crack” without ever considering what Climbing it would be like, are just as satisfying to do.

xelaxela

• regular
  • Alex
Power Club

Goals: Remain Uninjured , 62kg, back to bouldering 7C regularly in UK
Currently: Still OK, Still 74.8 kg, 6C regularly (7A indoors)

This week was a planned rest week so not much went on
M - One Arm Pull-up training 5 sets of 5 on each arm with 10 kg assistance and 3 sets of 10 hanging leg raises
T - Rest
W - Rained so climbed at Blackpool
T - Fingerboard Testing session as sorted my pulley system out now require slightly more assistance on 20mm edge one arm hangs (went from 2 kg 1rm to 5 kg 1rm on a 7 second hang). also did 3 sets of 10 hanging leg raises
F - Rest - work leaving do in the evening hence the workout on Thursday
S - Rest
S - Upgraded my Metolius Pure force fingerboard for session holds wooden Mini Jugs and 20 mm, 15 mm, 10 mm, 8 mm and 6 mm edges. Definitely having to hold on more harder due to the vast reduction in friction, but my hands are not at all sore or worn after a session now. I did 6 sets of 10 second one arm 20mm edge hangs on each arm with 12 kg assistance (90% of 1rm), 3 sets of 10 hanging leg raises and 20 one arm pull ups with 12 kg assistance on each arm

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix

Feel a bit cheeky as I've already put it up to 7c in the new guide which makes it my first 7c  :devil-smiley:

Seems like a clear cut case of conflict of interest to me m'lud.

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
Good stuff Will, TT, Cheque!

M - rest. Coffee and cafe activities.

T - Rest.

W -  rest.

T - Malham after work. Filthy weather, crag soaked, including the Bat Route headwall. Had a few goes from the deck anyway, first was utterly dreadful, second better and managed to regain high point again, although was totally powered out. Went back on Raindogs again for a bit of training. Retroflashed to the crescent 'rest' which I was pleased with, then did some laps on the top section. The moves on this are so good, I'd forgotten!

F -  rest. Got pissed in the evening despite not drinking very much...

S - day in the sun. Watched the football in the pub and enjoyed Liverpool winning even if the game was dire.

S - Malham. Shit weather to start with but cleared up around 4; strong wind resulted in mint conditions. New high point from the deck tickling the tooth; the first time I've gone for the hold with conviction. Tweaked sequence on boulder which seems to be helping; am dropping knee more and basically reminding myself to really pull hard. Having fallen off I pulled up to the kneebars and linked to the top after a short rest on the rope.  :dance1: Well psyched with this as its 8a+ by itself and is the last major link to do. Definitely on redpoint now. Very pleased with how I recovered on the rests. Now it gets hard!

Quieter week with more rest which paid dividends yesterday. Really pleased with the big link as wasn't expecting it after shit session on Thursday. Going to train Tuesday and will go back for a session at the weekend; game on!

Smith42

• regular
STG Fix pulley weakness.
MTG 8a/more 7Cs
LTG (dream) 8b+/8A

Since getting back from Kalymnos had a couple weeks of not been too focused on anything which is nice but at same time I’d rather be on it! 

M – Indoors due to weather – random problems, pulley felt tweaky so was definitely not giving 100%.
T - Gym bench press 70kg which is good for me.
W and Th CN Wall, some thirty second hangs on 20mm edge to sort pulley, some problems and some aero cap work.
F Gym again, bench press one rep max 75kg. 5 km on tread mill.

Sat, Giggleswick/Howllywood Bowl.  Raining when we got there so went BTB on Kleptomania to warm up.  Felt like climbing on talcum powder and midges came out.  The route should suit me but was completely shut down, couldn’t figure any of it out.  That’s not quite true, figured some moves out but it felt closer to font 8A than 8a. 
Later saw someone piss the start move with a knee pad knee bar, looked like a faff till he took hands off then looked pretty cool. 

Almost made me want to buy a knee pad! 

Anyone with helpful beta? Might try again if I’m there as the girlfriend really likes Giggleswick. 

Sun, CN Valley, standard day, did try climbing on jugs on the 55 deg board again.  Pulley survived the test so going to ease this back in to my training cycle.  Really missed the steep action.  Maybe should of driven back down Yorkshire but slept till 11:30! and by all accounts Kilnsey was seeping and just couldn’t face grim limestone two days in a row.

abarro81

• forum hero

Anyone with helpful beta? Might try again if I’m there as the girlfriend really likes Giggleswick. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxp9QnUDfjf/

My wife Ella dd it with similar beta, except an extra right knee to bring lh into high part of main tufa before going to finish hold, instead of going stright to the finish hold from the lh tufa with the heel Ed uses there

SA Chris

• forum hero
M - nuffink
T - run / climb. 2.5 k ti the little boulder I've found over in the woods over the road. Though ti would be seeping after rain, but was boners, and rock was cold, overcast with strong breeze. Quick brushdown, first attempt managed first two moves for first time, not sure if new shoes, good conditions, or just feeling light, but all of a sudden it felt OK. Only to muff throw to good edge. three or 4 attempts refining blind footwork under the bulge, and then it fitted together, and on the send it felt easy (maybe tapsaff for power!). Really pleased as I finish this job in two weeks and wanted it done before i left.
W - day off, spent day cutting hedge and getting shot of pile of mouldy grass cuttings, old door and minging lumps of plasterboard. Managed 2 hours at the wall, but felt broken.
T - no yoga, had to go to funeral of ex - director. Nae fun.
F - nothing
S - walk in town, running workshop in afternoon.
S - long walk with kids, lovely weather.

monkoffunk

• forum abuser
  • sponsored by 90% lindt and vitamin D
STG - More volume: Climb 10 routes 7a-7c+ by end June (3/10). Getting volume in, but not the ticks.
Maintain weight ~74kg
MTG - Complete as much from ever growing Font tick list as can. (That might just be one problem....)
Portland Font 7A+/B from unfinished list, autumn
LTG - 7C

M - Couldn’t climb. Turns out all the one arm negatives I was doing failing L’Helicopter were doing some damage. Woke up in a lot of pain. Had a very good day out in the forest spotting people and brushing holds. Have got more enjoyment out of the last two days beyond stamp collecting which has been refreshing.

T - Not really supposed to be a climbing day. Got up at 0530 for one last session before train. Up to the Splatch roof at Elephant to have a look. Got a bit distracted by a knacky 7A mantle. Ticked off right hand variant of that supposedly also at 7A. Did final crux of Splatch. Massively psyched to come back for this one.

W - Long day at work, trying to avoid using arms

T - Red spider.

Trying all the funky roof problems, need to improve my roof funk before going back to Font. Did some of them which was plus plus enjoyable.

Then some boring stamina stuff because realistically I’ll be back on sport projects long before next Font trip. Wonder if I should have taken another rest day, but I think next week will be a low volume week.

F - Rest.

S - Cheddar for the first time in what seems like years. Haven’t ticked a sport route there since 2016, although I spent a fair amount of time in 2017 at the Meds Cave with Matt and Mark. Was great to reacquaint myself with the style and realise that it’s about the same amount of time to there as Portland for me, if not a little less.

In the heat dogged It’s a Kind if Magic as a warm up, before failing miserably to do a dusty Bouncing Barry and pulling off a massive block at the top, luckily landing a good way from Sam. Interestingly Sam was also belaying for me when I pulled the crux off Fighting Torque, he probably thinks I have it in for him.

Tried Wrist Business after that. Completely flummoxed me a few years back, today could actually do a few of the moves, and really felt like will be a goer in slightly cooler conditions. Also watched a few of who I assume were the local TCA wads on Drug Store Cowboy/Right Hand Man. Feel pretty keen now to get back on RHM after a brief play a few years ago.

Finally, stopped off at Arch Rock on the way out. Playboys second go today, with a bit of disco body at the top; almost shook myself off the route. One off my list of unfinished business from back when I used to frequent Cheddar in another climbing life and Ian Cooper was looking for a first 7b+ in 2010. Actually felt really good to get it done.

Realised I did Raw Deal exactly 10 years ago today, my first 7a! God my progress has been slow.....

S - Font made my appreciate more my total lack of antagonist conditioning. Did some push ups and diamond push ups. Short yoga session.

Focus for next week: Regular short antagonist work. Even just a few push ups daily. Get back on the yoga band wagon.

A non quality repetitive Font clip:

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
T-F: Flight cancelled back from Philly for second consecutive week on Thurs. This time I flew via Houston on Fri morning to get home :(

S: Hot Yoga class with the gf. Not too bad and got v sweaty

S: Apartment gym. Smith machine bench up to 185lb, squats up to 205lb, Romanian deadlifts up to 225lb. Then cable sets for chest, bis and shoulders

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Coops, moving to murica is great and all, but seriously, please post those in proper numbers so we can admire the beef :)

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
Coops, moving to murica is great and all, but seriously, please post those in proper numbers so we can admire the beef :)
haha no beef I'm afraid... New to bench and got dodgy knees I'm trying to strengthen so not strong all round. Also they were all on a smith machine so not sure it counts... (84kg, 93kg, 102kg)

andy popp

• forum hero
T-F: Flight cancelled back from Philly for second consecutive week on Thurs.

Do you have to go to Philly often? I have plenty of recommendations for eating, drinking, things to do etc.

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube

Do you have to go to Philly often? I have plenty of recommendations for eating, drinking, things to do etc.
Yeah Mon - Thurs every week for the foreseeable future, hit me up with your suggestions!

tomtom

• forum hero

Yeah Mon - Thurs every week for the foreseeable future, hit me up with your suggestions!

gotta be a 'climbing gym' in Philly shirley?

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
Yeah been to “Tufas” which I’ve had recommended, is pretty good and close to the client site. Injured pulley at the moment so off climbing for a bit

Yossarian

• forum hero
Goals: 80kg / 7s and 7S

M
T - Wall. Feeling a bit knackered, tried various new problems then ended up on circuit board. 6b+ x10.
W
T-Sat - First grit trip with the 8 year old. Did 33 routes / problems at Stanage, mainly soloing with a rope on so she could follow up. Mainly brilliant fun / proud dad moments and lots of great things I’d not tried before - The Henge, Quick Wall, Real 20ft Crack, Suzanne, Plate Glass Slab, Pedlars Slab, X-Ray, etc. Got a bit freaked out at the top of Heaven Crack in the fierce wind. Couple of friends turned up on Saturday, so tried to lead a few things at High Neb and everything went rapidly downhill. Got very scared towards the top of Side Effect (slopey scrittle) so backed off that. Fell off Serenata before I’d got any gear in, the start of which I found nails. Then tried Leviticus, felt increasingly incompetent and ended up backing off that too. Had minor emotional meltdown / considered giving up permanently, then resumed daughter / dad approach and the rest of the day turned out ok. I’d previously done Exodus and Deuteronomy (years ago) and remember them feeling a bit pumpy but not that bad.

Normally when I’m climbing quite well on the sandstone I find grit ok, so I’ve been trying to convince myself that this was a blip. Back up in a few weeks time and trying to figure out what to do in the meantime that might help. I’m thinking some sandstone aretes and slabs, plus sticking to face climbing next time / avoiding awkward jamming.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
Power Club

Mon - BM front, mid, back2. 10" x12. Yoke complex.
Tue - rest.
Wed - static/dynamic pull ups, overhead walk, snatch pulls.
Thu - weights, abs.
Fri - rest.
Sat - rest.
Sun - speed ball warm up, yoke complex, farmer's walk.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
I used to find soloing on grit pretty poor preparation for leading safe grit routes Yoss- that soloing "got to get it right" mindset is pretty much the opposite of the "here we go, I might fall off this move but I'm trying it anyway" leading one and I found it difficult to transfer between the two. Since I've had to quit soloing I've become a quicker leader as I stick to well-protected routes, get the gear in, think "that's safe now" and just do the move.

Also, sounds like you were third day on by the time you tried the harder routes with a rope? Could well have been a different story if you'd had a rest day inbetween.

Yossarian

• forum hero
I was going to say that your Fern Crack experience sounded familiar - the sort of thing that indoor bouldering and 6-7 sport routes don’t prepare you for!

I think you’re probably right. I was being super cautious, not really wanting to commit, etc, whereas the best approach on those Exodus Wall routes is probably exactly the opposite. The two “mates” didn’t really help either - I had to tell them to shut up and concentrate when they were belaying a couple of times, which didn’t help with proceedings. I seem to climb much better with random hookup partners these days.

SA Chris

• forum hero
best approach on those Exodus Wall

Best approach is movement (of Jah People).

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Also that wall is pretty brutal for the grade / height and conditions on Saturday were mostly awful.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Goal - knock off that final Font 7a

Half term week in Anglesey for me.

M: Moelfre - scoped out the beach, the ice cream provisions (best we found on the island IMO) and finally the bouldering. Looked a bit niche but ideal for the time-starved man in need of a quick hit. Mental note made to head there when chance came.

Pleasant evening when we got back - did some fingerboarding using my portable device.

T: Llanberis - Llyn Padarn train, mooch round village, picnic lunch, then off to RAC Boulders en famille. Knew this was the best opportunity weather and family-wise to climb, but both the kids suddenly got really psyched for bouldering, so I spent more time running round with them than I did climbing.

Did the obvious stuff on the big boulder (hanging flake etc). Had a lash at Marsh Dyno at the end of the session. Tickled top a few times but feeling a bit hot, rushed and tired out by then.

Rest of week - nowt. Weather deteriorated into humid clag, and never got a chance to shoot out after the kids' bedtimes. Bit of a shame as I could have had a good go at Moelfre and it was c.5 mins from our accommodation.

andy popp

• forum hero

Um, I'm just wondering why your company moved you to Denver? I don't really have climbing recommendations, though there's very good bouldering at Haycock Mountain, about an hour outside the city.

Where do you stay?

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube

Um, I'm just wondering why your company moved you to Denver? I don't really have climbing recommendations, though there's very good bouldering at Haycock Mountain, about an hour outside the city.

Where do you stay?
It's one of our office locations, I work where the client is so just happens to be Philly at the moment - stay Downtown. Send me a DM :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal