UKBouldering.com

Swiss Ticks (Read 2232 times)

c.j.d.

• forum abuser
  • Great.
Swiss Ticks
October 04, 2004, 10:31:03 am
Hello chaps - just got back to the land of wind and rain, and a damn good time was had by all in Switzerland.  David Noden climbed 5 7c+'s (three of which were flashed) including Le Pilier (may be 7c), and the classic Grotte de Soupirs.  He also sent La Doight Verts at Chironico, and the uber classic Reve de Mariio at Cresciano (both font 8a), in super fast time.  Well done that man.  I had a reasonably good time, sent XP 7c (Cresciano) Heron (7c+), Grotte de Soupirs (7c+), La Doight Verts (8a second go), Serre Moi Forte 8a+ (third go), and La Soucoupe 8b (within an hour!) and a few other bits and pieces.  Word.  By the way, does anyone no about an area just below chironico, in the gorge - looks fucking awesome, there is definatley stuff there...

dave

#1 Swiss Ticks
October 04, 2004, 10:35:22 am
effort :8)

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#2 Swiss Ticks
October 04, 2004, 09:20:25 pm
does anyone no about an area just below chironico, in the gorge -

a friend of mine went on a tour round europe recently and i'm almost 100% sure he spent a good couple of dayz at said gorge. he said it was brilliant and a lot better then chironico. i'll get the lowdown off him. :wink:

Björn

#3 Swiss Ticks
October 05, 2004, 08:25:39 am
According to what I've heard, there's massive development going on in the Chironico area. No limits as to how big the area's gonna get. :shock:

c.j.d.

• forum abuser
  • Great.
#4 Swiss Ticks
October 05, 2004, 08:30:38 am
It would be good to be kept posted on this one.   Just before you drive underneath the E35 to get to Chironico, there is a layby on the left - there did seem to be a couple of 'suspect' vehicles parked a stones throw from a wooded area near the gorge - definatley action taking place!

a dense loner

• forum hero
#5 Swiss Ticks
October 05, 2004, 11:13:58 am
No limits as to how big the area's gonna get.

or the grades :wink:

disclaimer: i don't try to pretend i climb these grades, it's just a bit of fun at the expense of people who climb far harder than me

Stu Littlefair

• forum hero
    • http://www.darkpeakimages.co.uk
#6 Swiss Ticks
October 05, 2004, 09:32:49 pm
actually, "swiss ticks" makes a pretty good euphemism for an overgraded problem, as in "there's a distinct shortage of 'swiss ticks' in Ru's new guide".

look at me. I've coined a phrase.

jonP

• obsessive maniac
#7 Swiss Ticks
October 05, 2004, 09:38:46 pm
Quote from: "c.j.d."
Just before you drive underneath the E35 to get to Chironico...

E35 - my god, the Swiss really do overgrade their routes!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal