UKBouldering.com

Lancashire - Blackstone edge and Parbold quarry (Read 5354 times)

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Blackstone edge - Anyone know anything about this place?

Apparently

The boulders futher up towards the trig point have lots of really worthwile problems

Do they?
Worth a half hour drive?

And here's another place the same distance from bolton (my HQ).

Parbold Quarry:

plenty of scope for bouldering at low level and on the smaller walls with a mat

Never even heard of this one before! Has anyone else?

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
I think they're both ROCK rather than WOOD so probably of not much interest to you  :P

Actually I'm not sure Parbold is proper rock.... :wink: Apparently it's a pile of choss but who knows what you might find.

Blackstone Edge is a proper bit of grit in an exposed position. Pretty reasonable for a small crag I think. The Emperor Marc C from Rocktalk has been doing some bouldering up there and apparently has found quite a few problems...

clm

• forum hero
pabpld quarry was the first place i went climbing back with scouts.  remember a nice secluded spot filled with trees.  Has a reputation for being a bit murky.  a bit close to a big landfill so stinky in the wrong wind.  will be up for a little exploration one day if you fancy it - im in manchetser

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
I think they're both ROCK rather than WOOD so probably of not much interest to you

Yeah, well I'll just have to make do.. I've heard rock can be quite good for training purposes though.  :wink:

clm, I'd be up for a bit of exploration sometime, though it'll have to wait at least a couple of weeks, as I'm resting from a tendon injury.   :(

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
Parbold was also the first place I went climbing with Scouts. It is fairly chossy and not very exciting, but worth a bimble. Mr Fitz once told me theres an Andy Pollit route there thats hard, using pock marks or something, but I might have dreamt that, let me know if you find it!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal