UKBouldering.com

[Peak][Chatsworth Edge][Head in the Clouds] (Read 2668 times)

El Mocho

• forum abuser
[Peak][Chatsworth Edge][Head in the Clouds]
January 03, 2019, 08:28:47 pm
7B
Direct start to 'Shut Your Mouth'. Clamp out the prow to the hanging arete and up to the break. Either finish up S Y M or trav right and off. Crouching start at the back of the roof, no big plinth for feet although the vert back wall is allowed.

The flake used by the left hand for the middle section is little hollow.

There were signs this had been cleaned/climbed before but I couldn't find any info anywhere, I cleaned up the top arete as well so S Y M is now clean and is a nice highball/solo

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Sorry Ben, Jamie Lilleman climbed this last year (same common sense rules on footblocks) he also thought 7b, not sure what he called it.

J L

Nice one Ben, it’s a cool problem. I called it Honalee. As usual I’ve been meaning to log it somewhere....

user deactivated

Crikey a lurker from the deep. Last seen wandering around a wooded area near Matlock allegedly....

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Repeated this today. Quality fridge hugging. Felt right at 7b. Ned added a version just using the right arete/lip for hands (feet as per the original)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 10:56:29 am by Bonjoy »

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Correction, Ned's thing is hands AND feet on right arete/lip (plus base plinth)only!

remus

• forum hero
Did this today, nice addition. Also did the little hanging arete behind it at about 6C/+, looked like it had been cleaned/done before.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal