UKBouldering.com

Vimeo dog turd (Read 4563 times)

user deactivated

Vimeo dog turd
January 02, 2019, 07:16:10 pm
Hi guys, it seems that as I’m not renewing my Vimeo plus membership the nice people there are going to erase most of my content. So in the next 7 days non of my videos will be available anymore. It’s a bit sad really as while not to everyone’s tastes and not even that popular I was pretty proud of some of the vids and short films. Anyway just a heads up in case anyone wanted to flick through or download for beta etc. Happy new year all

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#1 Re: Vimeo dog turd
January 02, 2019, 07:29:28 pm
That's a real shame.

Not fancy migrating the vids to youtube?

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
#2 Re: Vimeo dog turd
January 02, 2019, 07:30:23 pm
Bastards, that’s why Turnip has been transferring over to YouTube, which obviously looks horrible in comparison to Vimeo as a website, but doesn’t seem to have any of these issues.

Doylo

• forum hero
#3 Re: Vimeo dog turd
January 02, 2019, 07:32:10 pm
Keep expecting to get an email saying they’re deleting all of mine 😬

user deactivated

#4 Re: Vimeo dog turd
January 02, 2019, 07:45:01 pm
There’s 72gig worth of data there, which will take forever to transfer. And they only give you 7 days. Lots of hidden out takes like huffy  wrestling and training and Ned on his board. All gonna get gone. Sad times.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#5 Re: Vimeo dog turd
January 02, 2019, 07:48:30 pm
Had the same BS myself. Bought the membership so I could upload my first long Albarracin video, when that expired they warned me that stuff would be deleted, so I had to delete that one. They're a good advert for Youtube.

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
#6 Re: Vimeo dog turd
January 02, 2019, 07:58:58 pm
There’s 72gig worth of data there, which will take forever to transfer. And they only give you 7 days. Lots of hidden out takes like huffy  wrestling and training and Ned on his board. All gonna get gone. Sad times.

Got a pretty decent home connection (50 Mbps) as I;m sure many others have, so if you want any help downloading stuff (I think you can DL at full res from Vimeo?) then I can get it over to you on a HD or whatever let me know.

Doylo

• forum hero
#7 Re: Vimeo dog turd
January 02, 2019, 08:09:13 pm
Cunts

user deactivated

#8 Re: Vimeo dog turd
January 02, 2019, 08:25:05 pm
S’up guys. Yep what a pile of shite. Tim you’re an absolute star offering to help. I’ll pm you my number and then hopefully sort out downloading a bit. In the meantime I’ve unhidden one of my favourite mini edits of huffy. Such a wad. Love the background tune and wise words too.

Watch 2.0 on Vimeo:

205Chris

• forum hero
#9 Re: Vimeo dog turd
January 02, 2019, 08:38:08 pm
Hey Dan, that's a massive shame, really enjoyed your vids.

I notice not all of them are downloadable - I don't know if you can change the settings or something but I'd love to download the Cheedale vid of Bricktop.

user deactivated

#10 Re: Vimeo dog turd
January 02, 2019, 08:41:59 pm
Hi Chris, cheers man. Be good to catch up soon btw. Thought you’d forgotten me  ;)

Download available now

Watch Cheedale on Vimeo:

tomtom

• forum hero
#11 Re: Vimeo dog turd
January 02, 2019, 09:33:39 pm
https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-transfer-massive-quantities-of-videos-from-Vimeo-to-YouTube-822-videos-530-GB

Some answers on how to mass migrate. Looks like most workable way is to paste Vimeo download link into YouTube upload box and let it do the Stuff.

I’ve no idea how well any of this works - but basically you need a way of cutting out the you downloading then upload method...

user deactivated

#12 Re: Vimeo dog turd
January 02, 2019, 10:08:18 pm
Thanks Tom Tom, I’ll explore this further but my instinct is it may not be as easy as the website suggests. Much appreciated tho! 

Wood FT

• forum hero
#13 Re: Vimeo dog turd
January 02, 2019, 10:22:18 pm
Crap news, Dan. Sorry to hear. Will download some tomorrow.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#14 Re: Vimeo dog turd
January 02, 2019, 10:48:45 pm
There’s 72gig worth of data there, which will take forever to transfer. And they only give you 7 days.

Don’t you have the originals Dan?

standard

• obsessive maniac
#15 Re: Vimeo dog turd
January 03, 2019, 12:06:56 am
If you don't have the originals, it's relatively trivial to download all of them.

You can just use the (the poorly named) Youtube-dl

Just enter an individual video url,
Code: [Select]
youtube-dl https://vimeo.com/229021518
or your username, to download all public videos.
Code: [Select]
youtube-dl https://vimeo.com/user6063122
are they all public?

You'll just need the hard drive space and an afternoon to let it run on a half decent connection.
Then just upload them all to youtube.

I'm sure someone will volunteer, or I can do it if no one else does.

turnipturned

• forum abuser
#16 Re: Vimeo dog turd
January 03, 2019, 06:40:10 am
Yeah it is pretty rubbish, I think it’s all part of this Article 13 thing!

I really enjoy watching your videos Dan for filming inspiration. I bet a lot of people will be in the same situation and end up losing content for ever. 

Anyway, obviously the reason for taking videos down is music copyright, which you will also have on YouTube! However, there is a lot of popular music on YouTube that you can use if you don’t stick adverts on (you have to have at least 1000 subs to be eligible anyway).

Check out: https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music

Good luck!

user deactivated

#17 Re: Vimeo dog turd
January 03, 2019, 07:48:36 am
Thanks for all the suggestions and good vibes guys. I do have some of the originals but due to poor hard drive space on my MacBook Pro and a corrupted Seagate external thingy which I was backing up mini edits etc on it’s a bit of a bugger. I hadn’t even considered the music thing when transferring to YouTube. I think I’ll eventually upload the music less stuff to YouTube and let the rest go. I’ll have a flick through and make sure the other stuff is downloadable for anyone interested. Anyway I’m well exited as it’s gonna be a sunny day and I’m off climbing!!!! Yeeehaw

remus

• forum hero
#18 Re: Vimeo dog turd
January 03, 2019, 08:21:01 am
I've just kicked off a download which I'll leave going while Im at work today, already 1/8th of the way through so should get the lot without too much trouble.

Do you want to send me an email with your address and I'll stick them on a USB stick and post them to you? remus@latticetraining.com

Doylo

• forum hero
#19 Re: Vimeo dog turd
January 03, 2019, 08:34:01 am
I seem to be mainly getting away with the music thing on YouTube so far...

user deactivated

#20 Re: Vimeo dog turd
January 03, 2019, 06:21:07 pm
Hey Thanks Remus, that’s really appreciated. I’ll bob a email over to you.After an initial pissed offness I’m kind of happy to be leaving Vimeo. The pretentious bunch of twats 😂

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal