UKBouldering.com

Klubo Potenco 454 2018 5th - 11th Nov 2018 (Read 17599 times)

Yossarian

• forum hero

Almscliff (nothing I really want to do there), some bits of Caley, Brimham, Ilkley (yuck), Baildon (glass and dog turds notwithstanding), Widdop are obvious choices.
Any more suggestions?

I would sell my both kids and bathe in dog turds to have Almscliff or Brimham within 2 hours of my house, and here you are dismissing them like unloved Pot Noodle flavours...

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
I love Almscliff, but I've loved it for 11 years now. It's a deceptively small crag. It's easy to run out of good stuff to do there after this long as a local (and it's a crag best saved for days when everything else is wet).

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Adel Crag?

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
That was pre-child. New life, new tick.

Footwork

• forum abuser
  • Living With Wads
    • Living With Wads
I love Almscliff, but I've loved it for 11 years now. It's a deceptively small crag. It's easy to run out of good stuff to do there after this long as a local (and it's a crag best saved for days when everything else is wet).

You've still got:

- Streaky's traverse
- Stu's roof / Stu's left hand
- Slopey traverse
- Top Cat traverse
- The Horror
- South Cave traverse / eliminate
- Jess' Roof
- Dolphin Belly into DWR
- The Bulb
- Little Greeny

All of which are decent and you could do

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
How has Will not even done Little Greeny, it's one of the best lower grade problems at the cliff, amazing movement!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 07:47:36 pm by teestub »

tomtom

• forum hero

Back around Will. I’m with Yossarian here - you don’t know how privelidged you are to have that on your doorstep.

And Caley.

And x y z other crags in the area....

abarro81

• forum hero
Slopey traverse is the very definition of what's shit about grit.. but some of those others are well good.

Alex-the-Alex

• menacing presence
Hunters stones or Snowden? The base of the Tantric boulder has a lovely lawn. I met a dad-bub team up at roundhill once too and high crags is good for a picnic around that end though a bit further. That Slopher thing would be worth it though. The other thing worth considering would be crags with enough loose blocks to build a nice sheltered drystone baby fank? #imwithwill

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones

You've still got:

- Streaky's traverse
- Stu's roof / Stu's left hand
- Slopey traverse
- Top Cat traverse
- The Horror
- South Cave traverse / eliminate
- Jess' Roof
- Dolphin Belly into DWR
- The Bulb
- Little Greeny

All of which are decent and you could do

:lol:

Exactly 50% of those are traverses or eliminates. Ergo: shite. I mean, Streaky's, really?!
Yes, yes. I'll do/try them at some point when circumstances dictate but I'll not waste my time on shite if there are other possibilities.

There's a picture in the green book of Adi and his daughter when she was a baby at Roundhill, so that must work. It's a long drive from mine though which sort of scuppers it. And the walk in to High Crags with a bairn would be a complete fucker!

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
It sounds like what you need is a piece of rock that has plenty to go at, such as hard projects, link ups, eliminates, all in one easily accessible place. If only there existed some sort of roof in Yorkshire that contained such potential. Some sort of walled roof. Some sort of demonic walled roof
What you describe exists and it's called a home board.
Build a good home board that suits your needs and tastes and rock deprivation will no longer be a problem.
Or at least this is what happened to me.

36chambers

• forum hero
It sounds like what you need is a piece of rock that has plenty to go at, such as hard projects, link ups, eliminates, all in one easily accessible place. If only there existed some sort of roof in Yorkshire that contained such potential. Some sort of walled roof. Some sort of demonic walled roof
What you describe exists and it's called a home board.
Build a good home board that suits your needs and tastes and rock deprivation will no longer be a problem.
Or at least this is what happened to me.

He's already got one! But I bet he barely uses it. I think he's a lost cause. #sorryWill

Footwork

• forum abuser
  • Living With Wads
    • Living With Wads
Agreed. Will is like Shark. You try and tell him how to improve/ what to go at but he know's best. #lostcause #couldntgetitupforme

Bradders

• forum hero

Exactly 50% of those are traverses or eliminates. Ergo: shite. I mean, Streaky's, really?!
Yes, yes. I'll do/try them at some point when circumstances dictate but I'll not waste my time on shite if there are other possibilities.

Have you done Chiasmata Will?

Don't let the DWR fan boyz lure you in when you've one of the best lines in Yorkshire still to go at.

I think I'm right in saying you've not done Hunter's Roof? Or Red Baron Roof? There's loads of project level stuff for you at Brimham that'd be good to just go and sit under; To Me To You, The Fonz/Ian's Trav and Pinky are the main ones that spring to mind. There's always something to do at Earl if you want to keep it a little more vertical. Granted these are all quite hard but isn't that the point?

Or you could get psyched for your home board (man I'm jealous) and wait for all this to blow over.

36chambers

• forum hero

Have you done Chiasmata Will?

I'd like to see him carry all the necessary pads along with toddler gear, and possibly even Jess, to go and try that one :)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
Agreed. Will is like Shark. You try and tell him how to improve/ what to go at but he know's best. #lostcause #couldntgetitupforme

I'll just pop this here  :whistle:
https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/set.php?id=677

Bradders

• forum hero
I'd like to see him carry all the necessary pads along with toddler gear, and possibly even Jess, to go and try that one :)

Sorry, was under the impression Will had friends :lol:

36chambers

• forum hero

Sorry, was under the impression Will had friends :lol:

You've met him right?

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Agreed. Will is like Shark. You try and tell him how to improve/ what to go at but he know's best.

I don’t think that’s fair.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
About me, not Will that is

Bradders

• forum hero
You've met him right?

Hmm, fair enough. Better get psyched on the board then Will.

tomtom

• forum hero
I seem to remember that before joining power club Will was bemoaning the frequent references to Griffs etc... taking it off topic....

🤔

Yossarian

• forum hero
Weight: 87.2 - 87.6kg

STG: 147, 7ANYTHING, weight down to 85kg
MTG: 7anything
LTG: 8something

M: Busy / slightly stressful evening at the wall. Possibly too much crimping.
T: Yoga / stretching. Palms flat on floor - yay!
W:
T: Started fingerboard session but joints felt really achy. Fingers seem to twist quite a lot when doing 4 fingers open, so maybe time to mix in some other grips. Ended up doing kettbell shoulder press, dynamic press-ups and some ab rolls.
F / S / S: Rested the remainder of the week.

Felt a bit fucked at the end of the previous week, so some rest was probably the best option. Weight ended up dropping to the closest its been to original target weight of 85kg, and I think 80kg is a better target for various reasons. Though progress has slowed to the extent that this will probably carry over into next year.

Finally trying to make time to clear garage and plan stage one of board construction. There should be room in the initial space for something 16ft wide, with 2180 ceiling height. As there is another space for something less steep, I think 45deg is probably the way to go.

csl

• junky

I'll just pop this here  :whistle:
https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/set.php?id=677

I think this is a smart approach, he can just change the title by one year until he's dead.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal