UKBouldering.com

Vans in Swizzy (Read 2454 times)

Omar15

• addict
Vans in Swizzy
November 03, 2018, 08:59:57 pm
Hey

Hoping to take the van out for a trip to Chironico/Cresciano at the end of November but I've never not stayed in accommodation over there. I know the Swiss can be a bit strict when it comes to sleeping in vans etc. - has anyone got any advice?

Happy to pay for a campsite etc. if necessary if there are any nearby?

turnipturned

• forum abuser
#1 Re: Vans in Swizzy
November 03, 2018, 11:20:22 pm
I believe you are allowed to camp at the main car park at Chironico! Well you were last time I was there!

205Chris

• forum hero
#2 Re: Vans in Swizzy
November 04, 2018, 07:16:03 am
I believe you are allowed to camp at the main car park at Chironico! Well you were last time I was there!

We were there last year and I'm sure there were signs up at Chironico saying no camping. This didn't stop some people though, likewise the sign stating no driving up to Cresciano.

There were a few vans staying overnight at the parking for the sector with Midnight Lightning of Ticino (can't remember the sector name).

We stayed at a campsite in Claro, not cheap at 20CHF a night but with decent facilities including Wi-Fi.

Omar15

• addict
#3 Re: Vans in Swizzy
November 06, 2018, 07:38:02 am
Cheers! Good to know the campsite has good facilities. I'll pootle down and take a view. Not hugely keen on getting on the wrong side of the Swiss authorities. I got a speeding fine in the post from them a few years ago and they were utterly relentless.

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#4 Re: Vans in Swizzy
November 06, 2018, 08:15:00 am
From memory, in Switzerland, as long as there are no signs saying "no overnight parking" you are legally ok to park there. Staying in a van overnight is not considered "camping" unless you start pulling awnings out and setting up shop.

Be discrete and you'll probably be ok, but I'd stay away from the climbing areas.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal