UKBouldering.com

Improving climbers' behaviour outdoors etc (Read 34223 times)

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
It gets a bit wanky when you start saying don't have any kids, unless you can enforce it on a population it isn't going to happen.

What about veganism, recycling, cutting down driving, flights, etc? These are all personal choices that people make to reduce their carbon footprints that aren’t ‘enforced’ on a population.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
To bring this back on topic, I guess you could argue that second or third generation climbers will hopefully know how to behave at the crag and might even mentor said itinerant Senegalese bum wipers in such decorum. That's what I'm hoping for my son anyway.

user deactivated

Not that I disagree entirely Tim, I think the decision to become a parent is likely slightly more complex than the examples presented above. A person might rationalise the decision not to have children in terms of ecological / altruistic? reasons but I’d suspect there’s more powerful motivating factors at play.

36chambers

• forum hero
so to wrap this all up, don't post sick pics of magic wood on social media if you have a big online following, otherwise the world will go to shit. Allez.

Footwork

• forum abuser
  • Living With Wads
    • Living With Wads
This might be relevant

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Possibly wandering off topic a tad here.

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
Not that I disagree entirely Tim, I think the decision to become a parent is likely slightly more complex than the examples presented above. A person might rationalise the decision not to have children in terms of ecological / altruistic? reasons but I’d suspect there’s more powerful motivating factors at play.

I agree entirely Dan, I'm just trying to present the arguments (my daughter is 8 weeks old in case anyone got the impression I'm rabidly anti children!).

JB, what if the second and third generation climbers rebel against their parents' good examples and secretly sneak out to the crags with massive bluetooth speakers and dirty climbing shoes?

spidermonkey09

• forum hero

JB, what if the second and third generation climbers rebel against their parents' good examples and secretly sneak out to the crags with massive bluetooth speakers and dirty climbing shoes?

The ghost of Will Hunt haunts them beneath Demon Wall Roof?

dunnyg

• forum hero
Will has only been to the cliff twice.

andy_e

• forum hero
If anyone's ghost haunts DWR it'll be mine (or Nathaniel's)...

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
Ah, but is your objection to bluetooth speakers as pronounced as Wills? Think thats in the job description.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
No haunting from me, sorry. Groaning and the rattling of chains have as little place on the crag as a strong bass line. Unless you're at Malham when Shark is on the Oak, of course.

my daughter is 8 weeks old

I had no idea. Congratulations, Tim.

dunnyg

• forum hero
Has someone finally chained him to it? I always thought it was the best option, he will get the bonus of training heavy too.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre

I agree entirely Dan, I'm just trying to present the arguments (my daughter is 8 weeks old in case anyone got the impression I'm rabidly anti children!).

Errrrmmm... uhhh.... yeah, what he said!
(Quietly takes photos from early 80’s out of album to burn them. No one remembers that massive fucking Boombox anyway, or the fires on Dancing ledge, or lobbing bangers at climbers on Stanage, or sleeping on the van roofrack in the carpark of The Moon, or any of the other crap that we got upto because we were young and dumb)...

36chambers

• forum hero
If anyone's ghost haunts DWR it'll be mine (or Nathaniel's)...

He just needs to do DWR footless and his soul shall be forever freed.

andy_e

• forum hero
Ah, but is your objection to bluetooth speakers as pronounced as Wills? Think thats in the job description.

Is this strong enough?
https://twitter.com/AndyDoggerBank/status/1024654900133851137

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah

Hypocrite! How do you sleep at night with the weight of your newborns carbon footprint on your conscience? Oh silly question, sleep is out the window now  ;D

Congrats!

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
Oh silly question, sleep is out the window now  ;D

Congrats!

All the more time to don my (organic, fair trade) hair shirt and wring my hands!

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre

Is this strong enough?
https://twitter.com/AndyDoggerBank/status/1024654900133851137

Does “Human generated noise” include:

1: Screaming?
2: Snapping sounds from primary limbs shattering?
3: Splattering/ Wet thuds from accelerated bodies regaining static equilibrium?
4: The insistent blubbering of traumatised observers?
5: Other typical crag sounds, like “GET YOUR FUCKING DOG OFF MY UCKING SANDWICHES!” or “WHO’S BLOODY CHILD IS THAT? TELL THEM TO STOP DISMANTLING MY ANCHOR! Noooooo..... THUD”?

36chambers

• forum hero

So it was you I saw with the baby in the park that one time :) congratulations!

user deactivated

Congratulations Tim! 😊

tomtom

• forum hero
Congratulations Tim! 😊

!! News! Well done Tim!

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
Thanks guys  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal