UKBouldering.com

Bouldering in southern spain??? (Read 5440 times)

fxceltic

Bouldering in southern spain???
September 15, 2004, 09:57:45 am
anybody know any reasonable places to boulder in southern spain? Im going to be around Marbella region (not on a climbing holiday), and was planning on just having a look around, but if anybody knows anywhere and can point me in the right direction that would be great.
Im imagining its likely to be sandstone, but again if anyone knows better just give me a shout.

cheers

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Bouldering in southern spain???
September 15, 2004, 11:25:57 am
Just had a thorough google and didn't turn anything up - might be worth asking these guys:

http://www.boulderup.com/Zonas/Andalucia.htm

They have a pic of bouldering at El Chorro, which is probably your nearest place...but the page it links too doesn't work.

underground

• forum hero
#2 Bouldering in southern spain???
September 15, 2004, 11:44:53 am
I'm not sure how near it is to Marbella, but El Torcal de Antequera is a superb place- a huge area of karst at 1300m ASL, which is about 30km north of Malaga. Amazing landscape, worth a trip just to see it but there's plenty of potential for vert bouldering / short routes.

El Chorro is cool, limestone not sandstone... again, dunno how near to Marbella.

But El Torcal is worth a bit of a drive. In fact even the drive down into Malaga was fun- pitch black, unguarded hairpins   :shock: :lol:

andy

#3 Bouldering in southern spain???
November 16, 2004, 08:13:00 pm
Not sure about el chorro I've been there with ropes some years back and didn't find a single boulder, also been to El torcal great place up in the clouds a lot tho and again not great for bouldering. Just trying to get a few more spots together other than Font and Escorial

andy

#4 Bouldering in southern spain???
November 16, 2004, 08:15:14 pm
saying that tho those pics look ok!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#5 Bouldering in southern spain???
November 17, 2004, 08:27:34 am
If you fancy something different, bust out a surfboard. It's meant to be quite a good spot. If you want any more info I can check Stormriders for you.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#6 Bouldering in southern spain???
January 02, 2005, 08:04:22 pm
Had a look at El Torcal on a rest day during xmas Chorro hit. Not Europes answer to Castle hill, but an amazing place all the same, with a fair few good looking lines scattered about if you are willing to explore. Top tip: Don't get lost here, it would take a fleet of helicopters and a miracle to find a missing person here, a more perfect natural labyrinth I have never found. Will post up a few pics soon.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal