UKBouldering.com

Lakes Bouldering Conditions (Read 2485 times)

James Malloch

• forum hero
Lakes Bouldering Conditions
December 27, 2017, 08:54:02 pm
Is anywhere likely to be dry tomorrow in the lakes? Would be good to make the most of being up here visiting family.

The weather looks good but it's been a bit of a bad week. I was hoping to go to Kentmere but have no idea how well it holds up.

Anywhere with some low 7s would be fine though. Any thoughts would be welcomed!

tomtom

• forum hero
#1 Re: Lakes Bouldering Conditions
December 27, 2017, 10:13:32 pm
Bits of Kentmere dry fast - as do the Langdale boulders.

dunnyg

• forum hero
#2 Re: Lakes Bouldering Conditions
December 27, 2017, 11:39:33 pm
Bowderstone might be worth a punt?

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#3 Re: Lakes Bouldering Conditions
December 27, 2017, 11:48:15 pm
I've just been back in the Lakes for the last few days (Keswick) and the weather has improved, but it has been super wet over Christmas eve and Christmas day. The ground was sodden. No idea how conditions will be around the county but the run off is fairly substantial so you might be out of luck unfortunately.

James Malloch

• forum hero
#4 Re: Lakes Bouldering Conditions
December 28, 2017, 08:48:54 am
Thanks for the replies. I did think the bowderstone but it's a bit more of a drive from me (Ulverston).

I'm going to risk checking Kentmere out as it's closer and hopefully something will be dry...

tomtom

• forum hero
#5 Re: Lakes Bouldering Conditions
December 28, 2017, 12:21:48 pm
Badger rock stuff dries fast - as does the low block in little font near the trees. Badger aręte Ss is good (6C+?) and there’s a 7A and B on the back wall iirc.

James Malloch

• forum hero
#6 Re: Lakes Bouldering Conditions
December 28, 2017, 04:12:01 pm
Cheers TT.

It was a beautiful day up at Kentmere today. Perfect conditions and most stuff was dry. Though a few landings were pretty damp and I left my tarp in the car.

Managed to break into a new grade with Little Women stand start also so I'm well chuffed. Probably pretty soft for the grade but it's Christmas...

I intended to nip and do Badger Arete afterwards but had a big walk back to the car (I needed to park near the pottery factory due to the number of cars) so I'll save that for another trip.

Thanks for the advice!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal