UKBouldering.com

Baby/Toddler friendly B&B's in Y.Dales/S.Lakes/N.Wales (Read 2148 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
We've a few days spare holiday next week - and MrsTT has tasked me with finding somewhere to go. Probably 2-3 nights.

Key criteria are... B&B

1. Will be fine with our 14 month old (doesn't walk)
2. Enough places near to eat in the evening etc..
3. Within 90min or so of Manchester (probably excludes north and eastern side of YDales... )

Any ideas? Prefer not the peak as I/we have been there enough.. also any other less obvious places e.g. Bowland...

Ps doesn't have to be near climbing - doubt I'll have time to take or get the mats out...

andy popp

• forum hero
I stayed in a really nice pub/B&S in Bowland a few years ago. They did good food. I'll try and dig out the name when I get a chance.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Years ago we used to stay at Scales Farm on the side of Blencathra. It's North Lakes but is probably accessible from Manc in the time allotted since it's very accessible from the M6 (it's on the A66). It's next door to a pub (White Horse Inn) which I think is decent.

No idea on baby friendliness, I'm afraid, though I can't fathom a B&B in that part of the world that won't accommodate families.
EDIT: Just checked their website and they can provide cot and high chair.

andy popp

• forum hero
I stayed in a really nice pub/B&S in Bowland a few years ago. They did good food. I'll try and dig out the name when I get a chance.

It was The Plough at Wigglesworth

sxrxg

• obsessive maniac
Sure Harrogate would fit the bill. Loads and loads of accomodation and plenty of places to eat in the evening.

Also can get to the cliff in about 15 minutes...

Sent from my ZTE A2016 using Tapatalk

tomtom

• forum hero
Cheers Andy - the plough is fully booked.
Afraid Harrogate doesn't float my boat... and I think we want somewhere a bit more country... thanks anyway.

Will - that might have legs. I'll ask the committee chair...

Any NWales ideas? Aside from the Betws (etc..) honey pot sites?

andy popp

• forum hero
Cheers Andy - the plough is fully booked.

Bugger. I was impressed, they were very friendly and went out of their way to make me a very decent vegan meal. Very comfortable rooms too.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal