UKBouldering.com

Climbing trip March 2018 venues (Read 3721 times)

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
Climbing trip March 2018 venues
July 09, 2017, 12:02:22 am
I'm hoping to take the entire of March off work next year, to try to climb as much as possible. I have Tasmania and the US down as possibles, (is RRG far too cold / snowy then?) or if I feel a bit poorer by then Europe. I'd like to do a couple of routes at Wildside, I'd quite like to go back to Kalymnos, Cimai, Bruixes, Turkey...

Any other suggestions / people who'd like to go climbing around then gratefully received! I'm probably looking to sport climb, but would consider bouldering for up to half the time in the right venue (ie Font or as good as Font, like that exists) or entirely trad climbing, again given the right venue.

Teaboy

• forum hero
#1 Re: Climbing trip March 2018 venues
July 09, 2017, 01:09:03 pm
Have you been to Buoux? I imagine so but if not it's got to be one of the places to visit if only for the history. Might be tricky getting partners if heading out alone.

I've never been to Potrero Chico but have been to Hueco Tanks, a trip combining both would, I'm sure, provide plenty of interest.

TobyD

• forum hero
#2 Re: Climbing trip March 2018 venues
July 10, 2017, 12:04:24 am
Have you been to Buoux? I imagine so but if not it's got to be one of the places to visit if only for the history. Might be tricky getting partners if heading out alone.

I've never been to Potrero Chico but have been to Hueco Tanks, a trip combining both would, I'm sure, provide plenty of interest.
Cheers Ashley, yup been to buoux, it's great but I suck at pockets! I would like to go somewhere that suits me really, such as cimai or chulila or wildside.

Your second suggestion sounds like a good druggie trip...

marcpontin

• regular
#3 Re: Climbing trip March 2018 venues
July 10, 2017, 12:44:20 pm
Hi Toby. Funnily enough I am planning taking some time off next spring for an extended climbing trip (about time I enjoyed the fruits of self-employment!). A euro sport climbing tour was sort of what I had in mind. Would be nice to have a chat about any possibilities that we could team up perhaps. Keen for a bit of cornice/cheedale action at the mo. let me know if you need a partner at all in next few weeks.

TobyD

• forum hero
#4 Re: Climbing trip March 2018 venues
July 11, 2017, 11:39:45 pm
Hi Toby. Funnily enough I am planning taking some time off next spring for an extended climbing trip (about time I enjoyed the fruits of self-employment!). A euro sport climbing tour was sort of what I had in mind. Would be nice to have a chat about any possibilities that we could team up perhaps. Keen for a bit of cornice/cheedale action at the mo. let me know if you need a partner at all in next few weeks.

Definitely! I'm in Devon at the moment, but I'm wanting to get back to the cornice next week, perhaps Thursday? I'll PM you my number

Ged

• junky
#5 Re: Climbing trip March 2018 venues
July 12, 2017, 11:18:26 am
Indian Creek? Sport trad, and stunning, and amazing climbing, and lots of other stuff to do nearby.

Smith Rock?  Amazing sport, and trad.

TobyD

• forum hero
#6 Re: Climbing trip March 2018 venues
July 12, 2017, 11:44:02 pm
Indian Creek? Sport trad, and stunning, and amazing climbing, and lots of other stuff to do nearby.

Smith Rock?  Amazing sport, and trad.

Indian creek was definitely what I had in mind, I'd want to do some towers too though as I've only done castleton via the 5.11 face, and fine jade on the rectory twice. This might necessatate buying begging borrowing or stealing a 4 by 4.

I'd not thought about smith though, good shout, I loved it when I went

All that said though, I'd rather go to the us for longer, and may well stick to Europe or just Tasmania.

TobyD

• forum hero
#7 Re: Climbing trip March 2018 venues
December 23, 2017, 10:43:27 pm
Thread resurrection!

Decided on Spain: wild side / chullilla / catalunya depending on where the weather is best.

Any knowledge around on Tiroli Valent at Wild side? I tried it in April 2016, but can't remember too much detail, other than a hard Gaston move high up.
Any recommended 8a+s in Chullilla? Ideally not too cruxy, and not stupidly long (IE >40m) id prefer 25-35m if possible.

Any other recommendations appreciated.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal