New site video
October 09, 2002, 12:04:44 pm
Stuart Millis and Lucian Cottle on the John Dunne Slap at Earl Crag - enjoy  :D

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 New site video
October 10, 2002, 12:08:40 pm
hmmm....we may be running into bandwidth problems with the videos.

might have to restrict the number on display at any one time, and/or add new ones less often.

anyone know of any bargain php/mysql/java/tomcat hosting services?

dave

#2 New site video
October 10, 2002, 12:13:48 pm
What about posting them on the site as Zip files??

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 New site video
October 10, 2002, 12:26:37 pm
Cheers, but doesn't really help much - just tried zipping one up and it didn't compress it at all, probably coz they're already compressed for the web.

The climbxmedia way is good, they only show each vid for a few weeks, then release all the old ones on a dvd once in a while. They do have most excellent videos though...

dave

#4 New site video
October 10, 2002, 12:34:32 pm
yeah, maybe you could say "getting rid of dave thomas on trackside in 1 week", then it'll give people a chance to save them to hard disk. I used to do this anyway when i was on a home computer, cos it saved time on t'internet every time you want to watch it.

Not sure about releasing a DVD though....... would you include previously unseen bloopers and cast bios?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#5 New site video
October 10, 2002, 12:48:22 pm
yeah, something along those lines, most people like you say, save them anyway.

not enough good footage for a dvd yet, but maybe one day. We could show all sorts of funny stuff, bios, pissing about, etc. Would be a laff.

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
#6 New site video
October 11, 2002, 01:02:13 am
Excellent video - mainly because two thirds of it comprises my good self!

Only got back last night so not had a chance to install anything yet - another 12 hours were spent sitting around the airport before finally getting home - stand by tickets suck!

Will keep you posted re the software - got some good footage of problemsat the Roaches last Sun - including the Big Dyno (i'm determined to make this problem famous!) will let you know when its edited and added to hongkongclimbing

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#7 New site video
October 11, 2002, 09:10:00 am
Quote from: "hongkongstuey"
Excellent video - mainly because two thirds of it comprises my good self!

Yeah, you're even in glorious slow motion, floating upwards with power and grace (summat like that anyroad!).

Quote from: "hongkongstuey"
Only got back last night so not had a chance to install anything yet - another 12 hours were spent sitting around the airport before finally getting home - stand by tickets suck!

I got another bit of s/w for doing slowmo, as premiere is crap at it - called motionperfect - worth getting. Bet those tickets are a bargain though!

Is the big dyno the one from the undercuts on that big boulder on the lower tier?? Looks desperate if it's that one, and seems a tad undergraded at b6.

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
#8 New site video
October 11, 2002, 09:20:19 am
Quote from: "Bubba"
Bet those tickets are a bargain though!.

300 squids for a buisness class return ticket can't be bad!

Is the big dyno the one from the undercuts on that big boulder on the lower tier?? Looks desperate if it's that one, and seems a tad undergraded at b6.

thats the fella, where did you get B6 from?? its not in any of the guides. current thinking is V9 or font 7b+, although, as with all dyno's it's v height dependant

It's bigger, better and harder than either the Buckstone or Deliverance and got to be a contender for the best dyno on grit!

dave

#9 New site video
October 11, 2002, 09:28:33 am
mike i think you are thinking of the B6 undercuts-mantle problem just left of the dyno.

I've never tried the dyno, must remember next time i'm there.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#10 New site video
October 11, 2002, 09:35:26 am
Yeah, probably another case of me not reading my guidebook properly, the b6 must be that thing left Dave - I thought it was just another case of a b grade anomaly.

I remember seeing some guy do it when I was doing that undercut traverse thing....well, one second he was on the undercuts and the next he'd mysteriously levitated to the top of the boulder after I turned away for a second. Amazing. Look forward to the vid Stuart.

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
#11 New site video
October 11, 2002, 09:36:31 am
Quote from: "dave"
I've never tried the dyno, must remember next time i'm there.

go for it dave - i'll bring a decent piccie of it in to work and scan it for Mike tomorrow so you can see the nature of the beast. Its not actually that far to jump by the time you've stood up on the footholds but there's probably 8ft between the starting and finishing handholds!

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
#12 New site video
October 11, 2002, 09:39:59 am
I remember seeing some guy do it when I was doing that undercut traverse thing.

It wasn't a lanky git with very scruffy hair was it Mike (AndiT) - if so don't massage his ego - he practically lives at the Roaches and popped it off about 5 times for the camera last weekend, the git - i've only ever managed it 3 or 4 times out of a couple of hundred attempts!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#13 New site video
October 11, 2002, 09:43:43 am
He was a lanky git, with dark scruffyish hair, and with fairly baggy pants if I remember correctly, so it might be that man AndiT. He was hanging the top jugs with great nonchalence so I got the impression that it certainly wasn't the first time he'd done it....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal