UKBouldering.com

Targassonne Conditions (Read 1878 times)

205Chris

• forum hero
Targassonne Conditions
January 29, 2017, 02:07:35 pm
Anyone know if Targassonne is in condition for bouldering at the moment? Currently in Font but the long range forecast is log.

Tempted to bundle south but not if it's buried under snow.

Thanks

Andy W

• forum abuser
    • http://andywhall.com/
#1 Re: Targassonne Conditions
January 29, 2017, 04:41:28 pm
I was headed there last Wednesday and it started snowing, there was already a good foot or so of snow. I come from Albarracin which was also snowy. Ariege boulders under snow on saturday, but its turned warmer and drier and I'm optimistically thinking Targasonne might be ok this coming week.

cha1n

• forum hero
#2 Re: Targassonne Conditions
January 29, 2017, 07:21:03 pm
Shame there's not a french forum to see what the locals are up to. I wonder if it'd be a bit warm there even if it was snowy, I've had similar conditions in the Peak, snow everywhere but too hot to climb. Lots of south facing stuff there.

I've managed to get through some long stints of bad weather in Font, helps if you have projects at somewhere quick drying like Rempart. Where are you planning on staying in Targ? If you don't know about the really picturesque free spot where people van camp then let me know and I'll message you a google maps link.

Also, food is cheaper in lidl but you can go and sit in super u and get free (slow) internet.

Andy W

• forum abuser
    • http://andywhall.com/
#3 Re: Targassonne Conditions
January 30, 2017, 01:11:20 pm
Shame there's not a french forum to see what the locals are up to. I wonder if it'd be a bit warm there even if it was snowy, I've had similar conditions in the Peak, snow everywhere but too hot to climb. Lots of south facing stuff there.

I've managed to get through some long stints of bad weather in Font, helps if you have projects at somewhere quick drying like Rempart. Where are you planning on staying in Targ? If you don't know about the really picturesque free spot where people van camp then let me know and I'll message you a google maps link.

Also, food is cheaper in lidl but you can go and sit in super u and get free (slow) internet.

Hey, I imagine it wouldn't be bad today assuming the snow has gone from the tips of the boulders. I'd be keen to learn of the van camping spot. I'm under two hours away from Targa but often think of staying over, but never do!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal