UKBouldering.com

Tablet Recommendations Please (Read 2037 times)

SamT

• forum hero
Tablet Recommendations Please
December 05, 2016, 04:48:45 pm

Couldn't find a dedicated thread.

The kids pacifiers, I mean Hudls, were bought a few years ago now for a bargain 60 quid each on a Tesco deal and have been great.  However they are tired and laggy with some charging issues, and thus the source of much frustration on both the parent and child front.

So... possibly thinking of replacements for christmas.  Any ideas/recommendations.  Has to be Android, not interested in iOS stuff.

Cant seem to find owt near the price of the originals.

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#1 Re: Tablet Recommendations Please
December 05, 2016, 04:55:56 pm
I have bought a cheap 10" Lenovo tablet from Argos (£100). They also have smaller versions on sale:

http://www.argos.co.uk/search/tab-3/category:44612121/

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#2 Re: Tablet Recommendations Please
December 05, 2016, 06:56:43 pm

Couldn't find a dedicated thread.

The kids pacifiers, I mean Hudls, were bought a few years ago now for a bargain 60 quid each on a Tesco deal and have been great.  However they are tired and laggy with some charging issues, and thus the source of much frustration on both the parent and child front.

So... possibly thinking of replacements for christmas.  Any ideas/recommendations.  Has to be Android, not interested in iOS stuff.

Cant seem to find owt near the price of the originals.

Not sure whether they're similar specs it if there's issues with them (built in advertising?) but Kindle Fires were on offer recently at £25.

sxrxg

• obsessive maniac
#3 Re: Tablet Recommendations Please
December 05, 2016, 08:04:26 pm
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5440634

This seems to be the best 8 inch tablet deal at the moment. Android 6 (marshmallow), 2gb ram, 16gb storage. Screen seems decent even if it isn't full HD. Also has a kids mode that you might find useful.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal