UKBouldering.com

[Peak][Doll Tor][Gathering Storm low start][“7C+”] (Read 1833 times)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere else yet so thought I’d report.
Ned has climbed the obvious low start to the lovely Gather Storm, previously mentioned on UKB as a worthy project.
Start on the slabby plinth under the roof. Gaining the arete is surprising alright, getting set up on it is hard work.
I think it took three sessions, but the upper arete was quite wet on two of these. 7C+ was the suggested grade.
Bransby had also been trying the line, which is somewhat harder for the short as the pockets aren’t really in reach for the crux.
Could be 8A, needs some more ascents to determine.
Good to see this get done and it should certainly be on the ticklist of anyone going at this level. This one really is a stunner!

haydn jones

• forum hero
I remember trying some ninja leg kick with you  to get my feet up on the arete of this. Is that the line? Or does this stay low?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Nay, I think on that day we were trying to go up the RHS, or into the RH problem. Ned's thing spans out of the roof to the arete and then goes up the left side of it. The hard bits are getting the pockets on the normal stand start and getting a foot round onto the lip.

bolehillbilly

• stalker
Wow.  Good effort on the climbing and the patience for getting good conditions in the woods.
Any photos/video to follow?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
I've seen a low quality shoepod video but it's not a public vimeo link. I'll pm you the password

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal