UKBouldering.com

U-S-A! The American Politics Thread. (Read 506625 times)

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#300 Re: Trump
February 03, 2017, 08:12:44 pm
Rather fell in love with the Falklands, though I think the lack of trees might grate eventually.
Spent a month living rough on Weddle island. Just stunning:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#301 Re: Trump
February 03, 2017, 09:08:54 pm
Back on topic and from idle dreams of surviving the coming apocalypse...

They love him in Europe, don't they?

Ummm...

Cover of Der Spiegel

And May must have felt positively cozy:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/03/francois-hollande-attacks-donald-trump-eu-summit

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#302 Re: Trump
February 03, 2017, 10:38:59 pm
Although it is blindingly obvious I have not it commented upon America First vs Britain First ..similar ideology...but different haircuts.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#303 Re: Trump
February 04, 2017, 09:33:21 am
I'm wondering if the Orange Fuckwit is enjoying his Presidency?
I expect he's unaware of the massive outpouring of love across the world though, unfortunately.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/us-radio-stations-hacked-to-play-yg-s-fuck-donald-trump-a7561156.html

All posts either sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek or mildly mocking-in-a-friendly-way unless otherwise stated. I always forget to put those smiley things...

fried

• forum hero

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#305 Re: Trump
February 04, 2017, 04:22:28 pm
And (possibly) military intimidation of the populace. Though my US military friends all seem to be anti-Trump, both retired and serving.
 I thought my acquaintances spanned the political spectrum as they include card carrying Reps and Dems, devout Christians, Atheists, Muslims and several Jews (British, Yank and Israeli), but only my mate Gav in Inverness seems pro-Trump and one UKB poster (though there it's (I think) an understandable stance on abortion, I don't agree but I understand).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/02/03/a-special-warfare-unit-was-spotted-flying-a-trump-flag-in-public-now-the-navy-is-investigating/?utm_term=.4535d3ef86aa

All posts either sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek or mildly mocking-in-a-friendly-way unless otherwise stated. I always forget to put those smiley things...

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#306 Re: Trump
February 05, 2017, 05:55:18 pm
Interesting piece in the Grauniad about Trump's appeal. A bit free with the word 'elite' but worth reading.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/05/trump-not-fascist-champion-for-forgotten-millions

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#308 Re: Trump
February 05, 2017, 09:08:12 pm
I give you the Hoofing Wank-bucket Spangle Monkey of the century's latest piece of staggering wisdom and insight:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-muslim-travel-ban-judge-blame-court-immigration-syria-terrorism-a7564316.html

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm

jfdm

• obsessive maniac
#310 Re: Trump
February 06, 2017, 06:12:15 pm

jfdm

• obsessive maniac

jfdm

• obsessive maniac
#312 Re: Trump
February 06, 2017, 09:08:07 pm
You've got to laugh, taken from Guardian article,

The itinerary for Donald Trump’s visit has just been rewritten. Monday: arrive at Heathrow, economy class. Get taxi to Premier Inn in Euston. Spend afternoon shopping at Harrods. Have a not-sso-Happy Meal with Theresa May at McDonald’s. Tuesday: two hour guided tour of London, taking in views of Buckingham Palace and Houses of Parliament. Lunch with Nigel Farage and his French au pair at a pub in Chelsea. Watch them get pissed before taking them to see Brexit: the Musical. Wednesday: Stay indoors and tweet about BAD PEOPLE! TV dinner with Piers Morgan to watch repeats of The Apprentice USA. Thursday: Check waxwork likeness at Madame Tussauds. Go home.

dave

#313 Re: Trump
February 06, 2017, 09:19:30 pm
Not usually a Bercow guy but jeez, good speech.

Teaboy

• forum hero
#314 Re: Trump
February 06, 2017, 09:41:27 pm
Yep, he's cunted off both him and Theresa May because whilst she's cosied up to him he's called him a misogynist and racist on behalf of parliament. More of this please.

tomtom

• forum hero

andy popp

• forum hero
#316 Re: Trump
February 08, 2017, 02:24:05 pm
Have just seen that the US visa waiver application form now asks you to list your social media profiles. Optional ... for now.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#317 Re: Trump
February 08, 2017, 03:06:07 pm
Have just seen that the US visa waiver application form now asks you to list your social media profiles. Optional ... for now.

Do you mean the landing card or the ESTA form?

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#318 Re: Trump
February 08, 2017, 03:33:52 pm

Pretty sure it was on the ESTA, I filled one out for the first time only a month ago and remember it as an option.

I thought I was going to get refused entry too at JFK, had problems with my name generating a "DO NOT BOARD" message at both Manchester and Brussels airports for my flight there, and on arrival at immigration I got carted off to the holding room for further "processing". Can only assume there is another BTOL somewhere with a murky(ier) past...

dave

#319 Re: Trump
February 08, 2017, 03:49:17 pm
Can only assume there is another BTOL somewhere with a murky(ier) past...

Roy Hattersley?

James Malloch

• forum hero
#320 Re: Trump
February 08, 2017, 03:54:19 pm

It's a pretty scary thought, there goes Privacy...

http://news.sky.com/story/us-considers-asking-visa-applicants-for-social-media-passwords-10759953

Mr Kelly told a hearing of the Homeland Security Committee: "We're looking at some enhanced or some additional screening.

"We may want to get on their social media, with passwords.

"It's very hard to truly vet these people in these countries, the seven countries. But if they come in, we want to say, what websites do they visit, and give us your passwords. So we can see what they do on the internet."

andy popp

• forum hero
#321 Re: Trump
February 08, 2017, 04:30:28 pm

Pretty sure it was on the ESTA, I filled one out for the first time only a month ago and remember it as an option.

Yes, on the ESTA application form.

bigtuboflard01

#322 Re: Trump
February 08, 2017, 06:04:05 pm

Roy Hattersley?
Thankfully I don't pass even a passing resemblance to him. Except maybe for the eyebrows.

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#323 Re: Trump
February 08, 2017, 06:06:37 pm

Roy Hattersley?
Thankfully I don't pass even a passing resemblance to him. Except maybe for the eyebrows.

not sure what happened there. Tapatalk seems to have created an alter ego for me. But I still stand by not looking much like Roy Hattersley.

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
#324 Re: Trump
February 08, 2017, 08:45:52 pm

It's a pretty scary thought, there goes Privacy...

http://news.sky.com/story/us-considers-asking-visa-applicants-for-social-media-passwords-10759953

Mr Kelly told a hearing of the Homeland Security Committee: "We're looking at some enhanced or some additional screening.

"We may want to get on their social media, with passwords.

"It's very hard to truly vet these people in these countries, the seven countries. But if they come in, we want to say, what websites do they visit, and give us your passwords. So we can see what they do on the internet."

:jaw:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal