UKBouldering.com

Website Hosts (Read 3225 times)

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
Website Hosts
February 03, 2003, 01:47:19 am
Blubba - or anyone else for that matter

any advice on decent hosts for a site, having hassle with mine re bandwidth at the min - exceeded my 2000mb last month (by about 1500mb) and when i refused to purchase additional bandwidth they suspended my site for half the month and removed the over run from this months 2000mb allowance (cunts)

means the site faces another month out of service unless i cough up another 20 quid to buy 2000mb off them (they can stick that where the sun dont shine) - their attitude has pissed me off big time so buggered if they're getting another penny out of me

consequently looking to ditch them in favour of a 'better' host

current package is about 100 quid a year for 400mb of space and 2000mb of bandwidth a month - if anyone has got a better deal give us a shout

cheers

Stu

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Website Hosts
February 03, 2003, 08:07:32 am
This very site, and quite a few others of mine are on rosehosting - I've got a platinum virtual server, which gives you root access, 4000mb storage and 40gb transfer p/month for about $55 p/month.

The good things are lots of space/bandwidth, and very thorough support (if a little sarcastic sometimes if you do something daft  :oops: ). The bad things are (depending on your point of view, for me it's a good thing) is that you'll have to learn all about Apache and some Linux fundamentals. If you want to install Java, Tomcat,etc you'll have to do it yourself, but it comes with MySQL/PHP and lots of other goodies pre-installed.

jonP

• obsessive maniac
#2 Website Hosts
February 03, 2003, 12:37:08 pm
I wondered what had happened to hongkongclimbing.  

Try www.hostforweb.com - 350 MB/15 GB for $10/month, or 750 MB/30 GB for $20/month.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal