UKBouldering.com

Evening Bouldering near Shrewsbury (Read 2137 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
Evening Bouldering near Shrewsbury
September 23, 2016, 07:30:26 pm
Spending a couple of nights in travellodges finest hostelry in central Shrewsbury in a weeks time (work stuff) and was hoping to get out one or two evenings.

Any suggestions (I have a lamp - may well be dark/getting dark by the time I can get away) and is the wall in Telford the best near there? I've never been to Nesscliff but heard some of the bouldering might be tricky when dark....?

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#1 Re: Evening Bouldering near Shrewsbury
September 23, 2016, 07:35:24 pm
I've never been to Nesscliff but heard some of the bouldering might be tricky when dark....?

That was from a very unreliable source.

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#2 Re: Evening Bouldering near Shrewsbury
September 23, 2016, 09:00:46 pm
If you want the easy option there is a wall in Newport: http://www.newportrock.com/ They used to have Zippy and Ethan Walker setting.

andy popp

• forum hero
#3 Re: Evening Bouldering near Shrewsbury
September 23, 2016, 09:34:54 pm
Spending a couple of nights in travellodges finest hostelry in central Shrewsbury in a weeks time (work stuff) and was hoping to get out one or two evenings.

Any suggestions (I have a lamp - may well be dark/getting dark by the time I can get away) and is the wall in Telford the best near there? I've never been to Nesscliff but heard some of the bouldering might be tricky when dark....?

Hi Tom. The best bouldering at Nesscliffe - Little Northumberland - might be tricky to find in the dark if you haven't been before (though the path down to it is much bigger than it used to be) but you'll really like it. It's a shame we never got down there together.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal