UKBouldering.com

OTE Mag: Feature Stanton Moor (Read 3634 times)

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
OTE Mag: Feature Stanton Moor
January 31, 2003, 02:31:43 pm
OTE magazine is out now, it feature a excellent topo and problem list at Stanton Moor - get out and buy one.

T.H.

• obsessive maniac
#1 OTE Mag: Feature Stanton Moor
January 31, 2003, 05:00:15 pm
I know a few people who aren't gonna be too happy about the names of a few of the boulder problems.

They know who they are!

My claim to fame is that I was doing one of the problems in between Percy's attempts, Simmonite didn't take a picture of me though!! :x
I'm definitely better looking than Mr. Bishton. :wink:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 OTE Mag: Feature Stanton Moor
January 31, 2003, 05:22:26 pm
Is this a bit of juicy boulder gossip? Come on, spill the heinz  :P

T.H.

• obsessive maniac
#3 OTE Mag: Feature Stanton Moor
February 01, 2003, 04:37:39 pm
I don't know about gossip, I thought everyone knew I was the best looking boulderer in the Uk (It makes up for falling of easy problems all the time) :D

I didn't read the whole article, I find I start falling asleep when I read more than two sentences about climbing (awesome to do, but dull as dishwater to read about).  I just noticed that one of the problems, somebody's rib it was called - Rob's?, Gary's, I don't know.  Anyway, this problem was shown to me under a different name, apparently first done by a different person as stated in OTE.  I don't want to put names in print, I wouldn't want to cause a fracas, I know how touchy people can get about such things.  I once soloed the first ascent of a V. Diff and then someone claimed it as there route.  I still find it hard to sleep. :x

the Truth is out there!!  Doo doo doo do!

screwyouI'mfromderby

• regular
#4 OTE Mag: Feature Stanton Moor
February 01, 2003, 07:28:38 pm
As it happens, I did a lot of the problems listed in the article in 1997, but as some of the lines are so obvious I'm sure someone had done them before me.

Also on the list are a couple of unrepeated (as far as I know) problems on the small boulders mentioned as a bit of harmless fun, but given no diagram.

Maybe I should wear a beanie and waddle around with a fat mat on trips out. Perhaps having a set of balls is a little passe. I'm with you brother, it causes me a lack of sleep too.

screw the lot of you, I'm going climbing.

T.H.

• obsessive maniac
#5 OTE Mag: Feature Stanton Moor
February 02, 2003, 11:49:07 am
Right on brother!!!

Lets all burn our guide books!

screwyouI'mfromderby

• regular
#6 OTE Mag: Feature Stanton Moor
February 02, 2003, 07:55:53 pm
There are whole books telling people where to climb?

I hope I never read one.

David S

• stalker
#7 OTE Mag: Feature Stanton Moor
February 06, 2003, 09:55:42 am
Quote from: "T.H."
I know a few people who aren't gonna be too happy about the names of a few of the boulder problems.[/i]

Hey I did a load of easier problems in 89/90 whilst checking it out for the BMC guide but them were the days when nobody claimed boulder probs. 12 years later I sort of recognised a few but it wasn't a big deal and I'm certain that others had been there before.

Quote from: "T.H."

My claim to fame is that I was doing one of the problems in between Percy's attempts, Simmonite didn't take a picture of me though!! :x
I'm definitely better looking than Mr. Bishton. :wink:
[/i]

Sorry T.H, forgive me, maybe next time  :wink: .
BTW which problem was it and then I maybe able to picture you.

David S

David S

• stalker
#8 OTE Mag: Feature Stanton Moor
February 06, 2003, 09:57:48 am
Bloody hell I screwed that up. the middle bit of the last post about working on the guide etc. was from me and not T.H.

David S

dave

#9 OTE Mag: Feature Stanton Moor
February 06, 2003, 10:06:37 am
SOrted that quote thing for you.

Hey while we're at it, hows the wharncliffe/sheffield guide coming on? i wanted to get to that last meeting at the grouse but twas my birthday..... When can we expect it on the shelves?

T.H.

• obsessive maniac
#10 OTE Mag: Feature Stanton Moor
February 06, 2003, 11:22:58 am
Cheers for the offer Mr. S, but I'd rather you took some photos of me doing my own problems down here in the shandy drinkin south.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal