UKBouldering.com

Diminishing Returns 7c (Kilnsey) (Read 3336 times)

Kingy

• forum hero
Diminishing Returns 7c (Kilnsey)
July 25, 2016, 10:04:51 pm
Just thought I would flag this route up as well worth trying - I had a go on it yesterday and found it very reachy on the move a few moves before it joins Visitation from below. I was fully spanned out and there were no intermediates  :-\ Thankfully with a desparate slap I was able to make the reach after spending 5 minutes on the rope working out my feet. Keen for a redpoint soon.

A word of caution, anybody expecting a Chulila style 7c romp will be disappointed but seeing the popularity of Visitation recently I'd say give it a go if you are after some techy wall crimping. Has anybody under 5' 10" (my height) done this?

Hats off to anybody who onsights this bad boy!  8)

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#1 Re: Diminishing Returns 7c (Kilnsey)
July 26, 2016, 07:43:52 am
It is good fun - I did it a year or two ago (when it had the threads rather than the bolts).  I suspect that you are right that it is reachy - my friend Dave spent ages working it but was always thwarted linking the crux reach and seemed to get increasingly bitter about my palsied but very long limbs!  Rumour has it that Gresham had trouble with it - failed the onsight and declined to try again (how tall is he)? I liked Vissy vu and Visitation nice too - hard start, romp of a middle to recover, techy finishes.

Other 7cs for "connoisseurs" - how about Air Rage (never 7c if my experience is anything to go by) - Final Conclusion (not done it but according to Keef it's very tough for the grade).

Kingy

• forum hero
#2 Re: Diminishing Returns 7c (Kilnsey)
July 26, 2016, 08:37:22 am
Good knowledge Moose, I shall look forward to next session on it. Yes Keefe mentioned about Final conclusion being good, will add it to the (long) list! :)

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
#3 Re: Diminishing Returns 7c (Kilnsey)
July 26, 2016, 08:45:53 am
Where's Final Conclusion? Surely Karin's done Diminishing?

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#4 Re: Diminishing Returns 7c (Kilnsey)
July 26, 2016, 08:54:46 am
Where's Final Conclusion?

Super direct of Alternative Optional Extra - roof above No More Jumping to Conclusions I think.

Serpico

• forum hero
#5 Re: Diminishing Returns 7c (Kilnsey)
July 26, 2016, 08:57:35 am

Super direct of Alternative Optional Extra - roof above No More Jumping to Conclusions I think.

In which case I've done it, it's very good.

Serpico

• forum hero
#6 Re: Diminishing Returns 7c (Kilnsey)
July 26, 2016, 09:01:26 am
THE 7c for connoisseurs is Fit of Pique (peak?); Last route at the RH end of the crag, start in a puddle of piss and trav left then up diagonally left.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#7 Re: Diminishing Returns 7c (Kilnsey)
July 26, 2016, 09:53:23 am

In which case I've done it, it's very good.

It's in the ukc logbook as First Impression - either Keefe was wrong about the name when he spoke to me, or it has been renamed.  Regardless of the name, it must be hard as it took him 4 sessions!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal