UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 334 11th - 17th July 2016 (Read 9207 times)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

Frustrating end to my Mecca attempts, haven't been able to get on it in the last two weeks - first week too busy at work and second week no partners available.

Probably no consolation but Ste Mac was in the Foundry on Saturday saying the Tor was gopped out with condensation and I recall seeing somewhere that it was earlier in the week too.  There'll be plenty of folk keen well into Autumn and conditions will obviously be better in cooler temps and should be a lot less fickle.

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
M: Core

T: Rest

W: Gorge - First time on "Grand Canyon" (7b+), got to be up there with one of the best of it's grade in the UK. Amazing euro-style route. Went bolt-to-bolt and found the big moves tricky to work out, complete anti-style for me. Worked out most of the moves on my 2nd bolt-to-bolt go. Felt tricky.

T: 15 mins LI-Aerocap

F: Rest

S: Had planned to get out but had to cancel due to little one no. 2 not being well, spent the morning in Out-of-Hours.

S: Gorge - Back on "Grand Canyon" - Felt a lot easier this time, bolt-to-bolt to get clips in, most moves refined. Did some small links.

Had a redders and came off spending to long in a pocket by the 4th clip - hot aches. 2nd redders felt better but fell off again on big move by 4th clip. Turns out my "don't go big" use the smears and small non-hold method is rubbish. Opted for the full dyno pocket to jug instead, much easier and more fun. No time for another go so bolt-to-bolted to the top and worked some more moves.

New beta should see me past the 4th clip next sesh, hopefully endurance should improve too, pumpy route! Good training for the Diamond!

-

Heading to the Peak on Saturday for 5 nights to climb with the family, can't wait to show them the grit, little one and missus are super psyched to climb. Can't wait!

nik at work

• forum hero
A bit late to the table this week, how the hell is it Thursday already?!

S/MTG - tick something, anything, please...
LTG - not die of shame in Spain.

M - nothing
T - Outside working stuff, good session.
W - nothing
T - nothing
F/S/S - At a festival, lots of cake and listening to music.
S late afternoon - sneaky session outside, crazy hot but another good session on projects.

Not much climbing at all this week, however several things are coming together so hopefully if I can get out I can get some ticks soon...

webbo

• forum hero
Monday to Friday Nothing.
Sat. 2 sets of warm up problems 30 in total. Repeaters 5 secs on 5 off X 5 5 sets with 31 lbs added. Bike  28.21 miles 1 hr 39 mins 3 sets of intervals.
Sun 15 warm up problems, then same 15 with no footholds on kicker. Repeaters as yesterday. Bike 70.59 miles 3 hrs 55 mins.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal