UKBouldering.com

Font flooding camping ? (Read 5689 times)

psychomansam

• forum hero
Font flooding camping ?
June 09, 2016, 11:42:23 am
Well, back permitting, I'll be off to Font to eat Brie and pastries for a week while falling off some boulders. 20th-25th June. Camping.

The plan is normally camping les prez. Last I heard, this and Courtille de Lido were both underwater. Anyone got any more recent knowledge?

Alternative campsite recommendations? (I'm guessing Musardiere will be crazy busy, and it costs as much as a gite). There will be 4 of us for a few nights, then a 5th for a couple of nights.

Cheers all

fried

• forum hero
#1 Re: Font flooding camping ?
June 09, 2016, 12:05:01 pm
I'd planned to have a look on Tuesday, but couldn't fit it in. I will be out on Sunday, so I'll try to have a look. I imagine it will still be underwater, although by the end of the month....I heard that le Lido is closed until the 1st July.

psychomansam

• forum hero
#2 Re: Font flooding camping ?
June 09, 2016, 12:27:40 pm
From Campling Les Prez:
En raison d’une crue très importante le camping est momentanément fermé. Ré-ouverture dès que possible
Due to a major flooding the campsite is momentairily closed until further notice.

The French bit translates to: Due to a very large flood the site is temporarily closed. Reopening as soon as possible

So not looking very strong there. And yes, I'd read of the Lido place being shut all month.

Not looking good!

Any ideas?

IS2

• addict
#3 Re: Font flooding camping ?
June 09, 2016, 12:47:03 pm
There is a campsite at Boulancourt. I have used a Gite in the village but never used the camp site but it looks ok. Not far from Buthiers but a bit of a drive to most areas.

fried

• forum hero
#4 Re: Font flooding camping ?
June 09, 2016, 12:49:20 pm
http://www.fontaineblhostel.com/ Never been their, but it doesn't look like it's closed unlike all the campsite I've checked.

There's also some tree houses somewhere, if you're interested I'll contact friends who stayed there, its south of  Malsherbes, good for Buthier.

*Boulancourt is shut

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"

fried

• forum hero
#6 Re: Font flooding camping ?
June 19, 2016, 04:11:04 pm
Probably to late for Sam, but if anyone's heading that way. I just got an email from Le Pres and they won't be open until the 15th July at the earliest.

rodma

• forum hero
#7 Re: Font flooding camping ?
June 19, 2016, 07:02:28 pm
Probably to late for Sam, but if anyone's heading that way. I just got an email from Le Pres and they won't be open until the 15th July at the earliest.
That's a real shame. Must have really messed the place up this time. We were there last year when about 90% of it was under a foot of water and it didn't need to close at all.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#8 Re: Font flooding camping ?
June 19, 2016, 09:29:06 pm
We tried to book Les Courtilles du Lido for a couple of nights at the end of June and got a similar mail to the one above.
Though I think there the owners seemed utterly despondent.

I haven't read through the entire thread yet, so might be duplicating, but anyone know anywhere that will be open/up and running around Font from July 21-25?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#9 Re: Font flooding camping ?
July 14, 2016, 09:43:44 am
Any update on Fontainebleau camping, at les Prés in particular? Tried emailing them but no response which doesn't bode well. We're heading there in a week with no confirmed accommodation!

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#10 Re: Font flooding camping ?
July 14, 2016, 10:37:21 am
We tried to book Les Courtilles du Lido for a couple of nights at the end of June and got a similar mail to the one above.

I haven't read through the entire thread yet, so might be duplicating, but anyone know anywhere that will be open/up and running around Font from July 21-25?

Our booking next week is now going ahead.

I hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T_B

• forum hero
#11 Re: Font flooding camping ?
July 14, 2016, 11:06:46 am

I hope.

I'd be interested to hear how things are. We're supposed to be visiting later in August.

old cheese

• obsessive maniac
  • does my arse look big in this
#12 Re: Font flooding camping ?
July 14, 2016, 11:17:56 am
Just in case any of you are considering the camping at Grez, I spoke to the owner Carol 2 days ago and she said that they were still not open but planning to be open around the 1st August.

She said that at its worst they were under 1.5meters of water! Sounded brutal, glad we evacuated on the Monday of the floods.

I said that we were planning on staying for a couple of nights to break up the journey south on the 8th August. She was pretty confident they would be open by then

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#13 Re: Font flooding camping ?
July 22, 2016, 03:43:21 pm

I hope.

I'd be interested to hear how things are. We're supposed to be visiting later in August.

I'm sat in the bar at Les Courtilles, everything ok except the pool which is still ooa. Cool temps and fricken armies of mozzies.

All posts either sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek or mildly mocking-in-a-friendly-way unless otherwise stated. Looking at you, here, Dense.

T_B

• forum hero
#14 Re: Font flooding camping ?
July 22, 2016, 03:48:49 pm

I'm sat in the bar at Les Courtilles, everything ok except the pool which is still ooa. Cool temps and fricken armies of mozzies.

Ta. Do you know if they're intending to get it sorted for later in the summer?

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#15 Re: Font flooding camping ?
July 22, 2016, 04:07:54 pm
They are trying. No time scale, only a Gallic shrug... [emoji6]

All posts either sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek or mildly mocking-in-a-friendly-way unless otherwise stated. Looking at you, here, Dense.

fried

• forum hero
#16 Re: Font flooding camping ?
July 22, 2016, 04:13:58 pm
You think they'll find anyone in France willing to work before September?

T_B

• forum hero
#17 Re: Font flooding camping ?
August 12, 2016, 09:22:48 am
Les Courtilles du Lido swimming pool is now open :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal