UKBouldering.com

[Lancashire][Craig Y Longridge][Jack to the Beat][7C+/8A] (Read 3060 times)

Greg C

• forum hero
Pretty sure this hasn't been done before, never seen any chalk on it and had to clean up the foot break a fair bit. I got a detailed assessment of some of the lesser known things Big Sam has here done over the years and he didn't mention this. Anyway, it starts sitting right of Fertile Delta and Delta force, below the middle section of the Blackpool Car Jack traverse. Feet in or around the big break (foot lock) and use a decent low LH hold and tiny RH crimp to pull on and up to a pair of small neighbouring crimps, adjust and snatch up left to a reasonable edge. Now match in, gain the good slot and finish up Fertile Delta.

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
I've gone from the crimps on car jack up and right into anal cave-in right hand finish. This is cool with the extra move off the deck and a harder finish. Looking a bit slappy there Greg at the top of delta, bet that felt spicy! ;)

Greg C

• forum hero
I've gone from the crimps on car jack up and right into anal cave-in right hand finish. This is cool with the extra move off the deck and a harder finish.

Nice, I'll check that next time I'm there. On JttB it's awkward turning to position yourself for the snatch up into the holds on Gaz's Trav. Cool moves.

Looking a bit slappy there Greg at the top of delta, bet that felt spicy! ;)

Yeah, I didn't actually execute the crux moves as well as on a couple of previous failed goes, plus I used the wrong LF for the big move up on Fertile Delta, so by the time I got to the top on the send I was pretty drained. I was deploying emergency crimps left right and centre.  ;)

Nike Air

• forum abuser
Repeated this tonight Greg. Nice addition . I had to wear a trainer on my right foot to make the lock work,  curse of small feet. Makes the rest of the problem very interesting and drop able.

Greg C

• forum hero
Repeated this tonight Greg. Nice addition . I had to wear a trainer on my right foot to make the lock work,  curse of small feet. Makes the rest of the problem very interesting and drop able.

Haha, nice Jordan. I guess the foot ledge is so big it wouldn't matter what you had on your feet until you got through the crux. Mind you, still a good effort getting up Fertile in your pumps after the start!  :)

CJDavies

• regular
  • Crimp Brusher.
  • Crime: Not owning a video camera.
Nice!  I forgotten about Delta Force - how did I miss a crimp fest right next door!?  Looks cool Greg.  I thought you looked pretty tidy on the line there - I nearly missed the pocket!  Good stuff :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal