UKBouldering.com

WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT! (Read 9858 times)

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT!
January 31, 2003, 08:36:15 am
At last!  :o  it looks like the weekend is set to be a good one, cold and bright!  :D  :D  :D  I for one will be lapping Brad Pitt, doing one arm dead hangs on the joker and floundering like a sea bass on deliverance.  :!:

Where are y'all at? :?:  :?:  :?:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT!
February 03, 2003, 09:29:03 am
I was down in deepest rural Hereford visiting me dad, but did anyone get out - weather looked mighty fine on Sat?

Gratuitous trashed tips pic:

dave

#2 WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT!
February 03, 2003, 09:43:52 am
The weather on saturday sucked a big fat sweaty rabid dog's dick. Basically was sunny for 30mins, then heavy rain for 30mins, then sunny again etc. Me and my homies were mad for a roaches thing, got as far as Monyash before it went black and rained hard, so we drove to RHS, looked wet, so drove back up to stanage, was ok drying off. Got half way through warming up on Deep End and it fucked it down again, bailed to car, then stoped at B.North on way back, was dry, tossed up between trying WSS and going down to remergence, so spent the rest of the afternoon failing on submergence and sitting out the showers.

So all in all saturday would have been a very annoying day, if it wasn't for the fact that i took Friday off work and did deliverance. :wink:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT!
February 03, 2003, 09:45:48 am
Quote from: "dave"
...and did deliverance...

Congratalashons are due.....  :)

dave

#4 WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT!
February 03, 2003, 09:56:16 am
not a minute too soon either, been trying it all year and it was starting to get personal!

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#5 WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT!
February 03, 2003, 10:23:37 am
Thurs and fri were minty frsh int' peak!!!!!!!!!!!
Stanton on Thurs and Baslow on Fri, top conditions.

Anyone found flatworld on Baslow before now???????Tried to find it on Fri and failed, thats with beta from Big Al himself!!

Got some shit done yesterday at minus ten which was good considering how pants the weather was, not bad actually

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#6 WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT!
February 03, 2003, 10:36:11 am
Much the same here, started out warming up at Burbage North, really mingy underfoot but nice and sunny (it was about 11:30), walked round to Westside story - can't believe I haven't been on that before, what a cool problem! I've submitted some piccies for this site - they're not up yet mind...

That was the only thing on West that was dry though so when both my compadres had done it and I could only just get off the ground (it involves technique) and the rain started I made tracks for the board at the Foundry.

Bumped into Nic Sellars - who is now engaged to Katherine (which is nice) and he reported that far from swarming with on the edge readers searching for Brad's (or whomevers) Rib, Stanton Moor was dead (by virtue of it being wet).

dave

#7 WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT!
February 03, 2003, 10:46:24 am
Int that Flatwerld ting next to some fence below grand potato? I've never been to look at it, was going to this summer gone but never got round to it.

Amazing how often you hear the words "shit" and "minus ten" in the same sentence, Aaaaaaaaaaye!.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#8 WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT!
February 03, 2003, 11:06:53 am
If i here Grand potatoe and fence one more time I'll..............................
Still couldnt find it, mind you if i knew where the grnad potatoe was

Stu Littlefair

• forum hero
    • http://www.darkpeakimages.co.uk
#9 WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT!
February 03, 2003, 02:50:39 pm
worked my weather magic (tm) this weekenc  :D

Friday was sticky sticky sticky at the plantation, and the snow on saturday cleared up in time for an afternoons burn at Almscliffe, where I even did two classic new shuffles courtesy of the Bransby.

Then caned back down to Exeter...makes me pine for Grit  :oops:

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#10 WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT!
February 03, 2003, 04:13:46 pm
Five knuckle shuffles? (sn**ger)

justfunk_

• regular
    • http://www.geocities.com/justfunk_dj/staffscene.html
#11 WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT!
February 04, 2003, 10:52:50 pm
Quote from: "fatboySlimfast"
Thurs and fri were minty frsh int' peak!!!!!!!!!!!
Stanton on Thurs and Baslow on Fri, top conditions.

Hey luc     Try my new problem mike tyson V9 ish . Its described as a project in ote "jam the brake and reach the crack line".Its just left of the rounded V8 arete thing (picy in ote). Would like an idea of the grade.If you would be so kind? ? ?

I thought it would be roughly between 4c and 7a . Thats how good i can grade shit.    

Cheers.

Oh and anyone up for burbage north tom? Or eagle tor? Any locals about to show me about? step forth ? ? ? Its gonna rock tommorow!

james

• obsessive maniac
#12 WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT!
February 05, 2003, 04:15:47 pm
What has the weather given for tomorow.  It best be good.  Sat at school looking at the perfect day out the window drove me crazy.  I hope Superstition is dry.
Cheers

James

james

• obsessive maniac
#13 WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT!
February 05, 2003, 04:16:43 pm
Let me just add how crap the weekend was.  What a let down.
Cheers

James

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#14 WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT!
February 05, 2003, 09:00:36 pm
Quote from: "justfunk_"
Oh and anyone up for burbage north tom? Or eagle tor? Any locals about to show me about? step forth ? ? ? Its gonna rock tommorow!

Thought I might bump into you lot  :D  

What a gorgeous day, though I was woefully weak  :cry:  Still, never mind, only about my 3rd day out for months - how did you all get on with "Walk On By"? I had a quick play at Trackside but it was really muddy underfoot and I needed to get back to do some work so didn't stay that long.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#15 WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT!
February 06, 2003, 11:45:40 am
Quote from: "fatboySlimfast"
Anyone found flatworld on Baslow before now???????Tried to find it on Fri and failed...

Apparantly, Flatworld is below the end of the edge. Go to the last climbs then drop down 50m below the edge. The boulders are just in the woods over a fence.

but don't quote me on it

mark

• forum abuser
#16 WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT!
February 06, 2003, 12:11:20 pm
Alternative method of finding Flatworld is to approach from beneath. Follow the big path under Baslow (400m below). Towards the end of the edge there's a wood dropping down towards you from the rocks. The wood is bounded by a fence. At the very end of the edge, the fence goes straight uphill to the edge. Follow this and you should be able to see the boulders over the fence in the woods.

Flatworld is obvious and obviously hard. The arete to the right is very good. The next boulder uphill has another excellent arete and the slab left of this is good fun.

justfunk_

• regular
    • http://www.geocities.com/justfunk_dj/staffscene.html
#17 WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT!
February 07, 2003, 11:56:59 pm
Quote from: "bubba"
Thought I might bump into you lot

Yeah good to see you out, It went very well on Walk on by. I did it with a push off andy T on the first move (crux). Made it to the top. Then did it to just past the crux and by this time i was F*cked and sore tips!

Next time. Maybee sun if its dry enough. Sat maybee shite?

You about.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#18 WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT!
February 08, 2003, 12:09:28 am
James was talking about tomorrow lunchtime so I'm going to try and get out to film the ascent (!) if that's alright - it's well rare that anyone does it so would be a good one to get....

Fingers crossed for the conditions.....thinking of Slipstones on Sunday but depends on the forcast as usual.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#19 WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT!
February 10, 2003, 09:51:39 am
Anyone get out yesterday - looked like fine conditions. I made the mistake of arranging lots of girlfriend related tasks after waking up and seeing the initally crap weather so couldn't make it out  :cry:

Saturday at Curbar saw me, fatboy, james, dobbin, mark and others all enjoying good conditions. Got a new video of Mark on Early Doors which will go up to the site over the next few days, and a few piccies too.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#20 WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT!
February 11, 2003, 11:28:56 am
Metcheck is showing sunny and 3.8 degrees for Saturday  :D

of course, it'll be snowing by then in reality, but we can dream...

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#21 WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT!
February 14, 2003, 10:46:20 am
And it's still looking good - best go easy on the Valentine wine.....hmmm....that's just not going to happen, is it?

Question is - Staffordshire or Yorkshire?

dave

#22 WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT!
February 14, 2003, 10:57:43 am
Weather for the weekend looks proper bo. Shame i've got to go furniture shopping 2morra, nay mind, sunday will be alright.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#23 WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT!
February 14, 2003, 11:19:07 am
Might be Sunday for me too I reckon if tonight's a late one. Give me time to heal my aching body from all that prussiking down Eldon Hole the other night too...

dave

#24 WOOO WOOO! GOOD CONDITIONS ALERT!
February 14, 2003, 11:24:29 am
Nice, we're on about maybe icing a slipstones G, but thats just he'arsay and conjecture.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal