UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club week 320 4th - 10th April 2016 (Read 18858 times)

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Great fun taking the tribe multi-pitching.

It sounds awesome. ;D

rodma

• forum hero
M: resting
T: campus at the wall open and half crimp, with a little one arm flick action.
W: resting/ stretching
T: campussy wall session. Good session this. No half crimp, but on the open stuff am much closer to 137 on the medium rungs than previous and fully have both right and left hands over 6 on 1-6 attempts when trying ran side ( again on medium rungs )
F: rest
S: wall session. Fairly decent, but burn out quite quickly
S: rest

A decent week with progress made, despite sleep deprivation and starting a new job

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
STG: something decent in Font
LTG: Font 7something

M: nowt, work stress
T: nowt, work stress
W: nowt, clearing desk before trip away
T: bus > bus > plane > train > metro > train to Fontainebleau, arrived too late to climb sadly
F: Isatis. Good start after mate ended c.10 yr siege of Surplomb La Statique 3rd go. Shot over to Cuisiniere to find I couldn't touch De Fil En Aguille. Stopped at Moondance on way to Cuisiniere proper and did that (though I've done it before).
S: 91.1, in effort to cater for more novice mates. Pottered round a few yellows, then got sucked into red no.1, eventually did it. Checked guide - 4c. FFS. Lunch, then a snooze on the pad in the sun. Did a few more good but easy reds. Tried La Flippeur but couldn't get anywhere with that either.
S: terrible night's sleep (<1hr) then woke to mist / clag. Only had morning before needing to get train home so checked out Mont Ussy then reversed Thursday's journey to get home in time to give Una a bath and put her to bed, which was about then only enjoyable / positive element to the weekend.

Seems churlish to moan about a Font trip, but couldn't believe how badly I climbed. Abject failure on De Fil was a real smack in the face and I never got the psych back.

webbo

• forum hero
Mon. Physio. Turbo 50 mins.
Tue. Nothing.
Wed. Physio. Turbo 50 mins, one of my regular workouts and my heart rate was similar to pre injury levels.
Thu. Nothing.
Fri. Weights before work.
Sat. Physio. Deadhanging 7 different grips 6 secs with 18.75 lbs added. Then repeaters 5 secs on 5 off X 5  5 sets 2 mins rest between sets with 20 lbs added. Bike 18.05 miles 1 hr 6 mins Achilles felt OK.
Sun. Bike 26.54 miles 1 hr 33 mins even caught a few folk. Achilles ok again.

Glad to head you are back on the bike and the achilles feels alright...
Its good to be able to do an outdoor activity again and as I keep improving on the cycling its easy to be motivated. As for deadhanging its boring the tits off me.

36chambers

• forum hero
As for deadhanging its boring the tits off me.

At least that will help improve your power to wait ratio ;D

webbo

• forum hero
I had to go on the bikeradar forum in order to be able to motivate myself to reply. :slap:

tomtom

• forum hero

I had to go on the bikeradar forum in order to be able to motivate myself to reply. :slap:

:D

Hugh

• regular
STG: 7B.
MTG: Don't get broken. Get strong for Santa Gadea in June.

Mon: TCA: 4x4s, few decent goes at wooden 7a+ circuit
Tue: FB (7/8s +10kg x 5) x 3. Failing on rep 3 of 1, rep 2 of 2,3. Poor, felt like I was greasing off (or just weak). Rings, 5x4 dips, 3x6 inv rows, 4x8 flyes.
Wed: TCA, woody, long lock off and roll throughs. Somewhat devoid of power.
Thu: Rest
Fri: FB (7/8s +10kg x 5) x 3. Failing on rep 4 of 1, rep 4 of 2, rep 3 of 3. Light boulder at TCA, balancy rockover stuff.
Sat: Run 4.5km. Rings, 4x8 flyes, 4x5 dips, 4x5 inv rows.
Sun: Rest

Decent week, although fairly poor on the fingerboard at the start of the period. Definitely feeling stronger though.

mr chaz

• obsessive maniac
After a hectic few months its time to focus again and rejoin the club.

LTG 8b
MTG 70kg
STG grow some skin, its been shit for weeks now.

M.
T. 45 degree board session. Pressups.
W.
T. Indoor bouldering.
F. Foot on campus board. 6 x 1min on/ 1min off, large rungs. Levers.
S. Light bouldering at the wall.
S. Stanage. Met up with a friend who has been on an almighty worldwide climbing trip and was in the country for a few days before heading back to Spain. Jealous doesn't come close. Barely climbed anything, more chatting than climbing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal