UKBouldering.com

Lleyn peninsula (Read 2654 times)

underground

• forum hero
Lleyn peninsula
August 25, 2004, 10:17:32 am
Pantontino will know the answer here, so....

Is there any easy stuff about? I've been to Porth Ysgo before, but that's all I know.

I'll be there on holiday in Bottwnog for a fortnight in September, and wouldn't mind a little look at anywhere else- I won't have a pad and doubtless no spotter either...

Cheers ears

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#1 Lleyn peninsula
August 25, 2004, 02:06:33 pm
Check out Porth Oer/Whistling sands. Nice beach, cafe etc. Walk northwards into next small sandy bay (unnerving mud runnel access point at back of bay). At low or mid tide scramble or walk around northwards (50 metres approx) again to a black cave with a sandy landing. 15 problems V0 - V6.

You don't need a pad, but a karrimat or something to keep your feet dry is essential. Take a towel anyway in case any of the lower footholds are damp.

Only down side is tendency to be damp on still muggy days. There are some photos in the coastal section of the gallery on my website.

underground

• forum hero
#2 Lleyn peninsula
August 25, 2004, 02:13:27 pm
Diolch yn fawr Si, nice site by the way.... I'll head off to Porth Oer- maybe I'll be able to take my frogman stuff and go for a swim too like the guy I saw at Ysgo.

I forgot about Cae Du too- we may head down barmouth/Aberdyfi too so that'd be a top spot for the fambly to go on the beach. Is there still some parcio weirdness down there?

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#3 Lleyn peninsula
August 25, 2004, 02:23:43 pm
The parking is fine at Cae Du, just pay at the farmhouse. I'm not sure it is that good a family venue though, because the cobblestone beach is a bit tricky for small children - though, probably okay if they're not moving about yet

Hwyl.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal