Here. We. Go.
MotoGP at 2:00 PM, TT at 3:00 PM.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#227 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 05, 2017, 03:04:29 pm
Poor Guy!!! He's really really shaken in the video...

Whyatt

• menacing presence
#228 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 06, 2017, 05:14:00 pm
The Italian gp was great nice to see an Italian bike and rider win there home gp and liking zarco style too top rider, TT has been good too shame Michael Dunlop bike retired on the first race but took the super sports like his attitude makes me laugh

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#229 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 07, 2017, 08:31:27 am
I really like Michael Dunlop as well, the anti-media rider prototype! I'm positive that, weren't he obliged, he would not show up at any press conference!
I prefer him to Hutchy, mostly because of his bad show at last year's Senior press conference, but also because he's far too rational and controlled for my likes. Almost to the point of being boring.

Mugello was great. Sorry for Rossi, but he was in hospital just 6 days before...

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#230 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 07, 2017, 12:47:02 pm
What a debacle for Honda so far...

Whyatt

• menacing presence
#231 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 07, 2017, 03:30:03 pm
Should be game on today for the stock race weather is hit and miss this week hopefully they get to complete the weeks races

nik at work

• forum hero
#232 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 07, 2017, 08:10:04 pm
This TT has been a frustrating affair so far. Various things have conspired to mean I haven't yet actually seen any racing, the weather has been a nightmare. One race today, but the lightweight and zero both cancelled. There was supposed to be a race tomorrow, pressumably after todays cancellations they will be planning on scheduling more races for tomorrow. But the weather doesn't look good so I'd be surprised if anything starts tomorrow. I know you're gutted not to have made it over this year Nibs but tbh its not been a classic.
Even the bike pr0n has seemed sub-par this year. Obviously the Nortons still look and sound amazing, but off the race track the visitors bikes on the whole fall into 4 categories:
1 - reasonably nice but nothing special/exotic race bikes (obviously this is a relative assesment)
2 - Pimped honda C90s ridden by people in very expensive race leathers (this years "thing" it would seem...)
3 - Big touring bikes lolloping around the island
4 - Triumph Street Triples. No offence Duma, I think these are lovely great bikes, but seriously I reckon every 3rd bike on the island right now is a street triple (ok an exageration, but there are LOTS of street triples)

A distubing lack of cafe racers, very upsetting. I did see a bonkers looking Victory, possibly some sort of custom job?? And a few MV Roadsters which I really like the look of. Anyway if Friday is decent I should be at the paddock and will try to remedy my woeful lack of photographic contribution to this thread.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#233 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 08, 2017, 08:03:00 am
Cheers for the update Nik, I was starting to wonder what had happened to you, the lack of pr0n on this thread was alarming!
I've been following basically every race while at work, via TTLive and Manx Radio, brilliant so far.
Quite gutted for Bonetti and his Paton, was solid in third.
Hope that the weather plays ball and every race can be, ahem, raced.

Already planning for next year, definitely want to come over with my bike.

nik at work

• forum hero
#234 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 08, 2017, 08:49:20 am
Looking very wet and miserable here...  :(
I'd be amazed if anything goes out today

The paddock was very subdued yesterday for obvious reasons.

Hopefully tomorrow the weather will perk up and things can end on a good note.

Duma

• forum hero
#235 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 08, 2017, 08:59:41 am
4 - Triumph Street Triples. No offence Duma, I think these are lovely great bikes, but seriously I reckon every 3rd bike on the island right now is a street triple (ok an exageration, but there are LOTS of street triples)

Ha ha!

#commonasmuck

nik at work

• forum hero
#236 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 08, 2017, 09:21:03 am
#commonasmuck
#probablybecausetheyarebrilliant
#iwishihadone
#justjealous

Duma

• forum hero
#237 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 08, 2017, 09:32:19 am
They are certainly brilliant [emoji1]

nik at work

• forum hero
#238 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 08, 2017, 09:43:08 am
Just realised I was wrong, the lightweight did run yesterday. Sorry for misinformation.
Sounds like there might be an outside chance of something running later today, but looking out of the window I'm not holding my breath...

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#239 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 08, 2017, 03:46:13 pm
Sadly no racing, the webcams show terrible weather.
TT Zero due to happen tomorrow, I really hope so, admitting the he is fit to race I have good hopes on Guy Martin for this, apparently the Mugen is faaaaaast!
Fingers crossed.

nik at work

• forum hero
#240 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 08, 2017, 03:56:57 pm
Was talking to the mugen honda guys a couple of days ago. They win it every year. They were saying that if another big manufacturer (bmw?) decided to get serious about the zero it would get a bit of competition going. Then Honda would get serious about pushing development. Their opinion was we would see a 130+mph lap in the zero next year  :o

I really hope it runs tomorrow.

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
  • Dave Thomas is an annual climber to 1.7m, with strongly fragrant flowers
  • Don't die with your music still inside you ;)
#241 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 09, 2017, 12:30:30 am
Cheers for the update Nik, I was starting to wonder what had happened to you, the lack of pr0n on this thread was alarming!
I've been following basically every race while at work, via TTLive and Manx Radio, brilliant so far. 
Already planning for next year, definitely want to come over with my bike.
Lore, you managed to get that stream to work then. Broken my phone, and can't connect. Good updates on the Road Race website. Sounds like your bike would be just the sort of machinery needed. Can we have a shot of you on it please? That would be great  :punk:  .. Three down for good so far this year, which is always really sad.  Gets harder to get my head around, as I get older. Interesting skill/risk ratio.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#242 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 09, 2017, 10:24:58 am
Hey Dave!
I'll post a pic of me riding my bike, as soon as I'll have one! The ups and downs of riding on one's own! Last Friday I went out with a group of Harley riding friends, nice day out with 370 kms under the belt (ass).
Lots of turns in the morning, then a far too big lunch, then a boring return ride on the motorway.
Was great though, when we got back home we visited a friend who couldn't come, he was doing hospitality at the Speed Skating Nationals in Siena (he was serving beer). It was gorgous to finally be able to relax and down a couple of beers, a thing that I'd wanted to do for the whole day but avoided, because of the driving.

On the other side, yes, three deaths already this year. Very sad.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#243 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 09, 2017, 11:01:56 pm
Best press conference ever from Guy Martin!

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#244 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 12, 2017, 10:49:33 am
TT 2017 over now... Really happy for Martin's second place in the Zero and for Dunlop's win in the Senior, shame about Hutchy's accident, that was a big one also. Hope he heals fast.
I'm so sad I couldn't come over in the end, I must learn to assess priorities: TT first, work second.
 :)
I'd really like to thank Nik, Fatneck, Monolith, Crouchy and Cowboy for offering hospitality beyond the imaginable kindness, and being psyched for meeting up!
Sorry guys. Here's to next year. With my bike.

Duma

• forum hero
#245 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 12, 2017, 03:36:31 pm
bloody hell.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#246 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 14, 2017, 11:16:43 am
Bloody hell. That's Rodeo, not motor racing.

SamT

• forum hero
#247 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 14, 2017, 11:25:25 am
That hillier moment was massive.

Hutchie was very lucky not to get collected by Davo Johnson after his off. Hope he recovers more quickly than last time.

Reckons it was a puncture on the front.

:no:

nik at work

• forum hero
#248 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 27, 2017, 08:52:26 pm
After a busy few weeks I thought I'd put my TT thoughts together.
First off sorry for the lack of pictures, but honestly this year the spectators bikes didn't seem as interesting as usual, not sure why  :shrug: I blame the current fad for modded C90's....
Lore you didnt miss a classic year so don't feel too sad. Obviously the event is still epic even on a damp squib of a year like this one, but in many ways it wasn't a bad year to miss out on.
My thoughts:
The weather was pretty crap, most of the racing got done but quite often in less than ideal conditions (aside from the rain it was generally quite windy). Perhaps more importantly though was the lack of practice sessions...
Which in other years might not have been so bad, but this year there were several people on new, relatively untested machines.
The obvious stand out case is Honda (god what a nightmare for them) who had a bike that just seemed to want to kill its rider. I hope they can get something sorted out with that thing or they won't have a long queue of riders next year...
But also Dunlop had a new bike (or two??)...
...which meant that the much hyped (over-hyped) Hutchy/Dunlop grudge never really ended up in an actual contest. It was always one or the other.
The good thing is that some other players got amongst things, Hickman the stand out obviously.

Next year however will be a classic, so get that bike booked on the boat.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#249 Re: Motorbike pr0n
July 16, 2017, 11:06:29 am
Yesterday I went back on track with the GP0 bikes, on a new circuit! Had lots of fun and learnt a lot: the first time it was all about dragging knees, the second time it was all about dragging the boots sliders, yesterday it was all about going faster. I discovered that I don't even need to open the knees out, the bikes are so low that you immediately touch the asphalt. So, knees almost tucked, body out and low, I swear I could see the asphalt grains on a "fast" righthander.
Had my fire baptism at the end of the third session, when I pushed things a little bit too much and crashed while exiting a lefthander. Weird sensation, one that I didn't like. In one second I went from being there in line, to sliding, feeling a couple of hits, hearing something grinding, and finally stopping in the dirt.
No damage luckily apart from achey elbow and wrist.
Oh well.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal