UKBouldering.com

Ansteys situ draws split from NNFN thread (Read 15883 times)

Three Nine

• forum hero
Dear all,

the message about in-situ draws at Anstey's hasn't really got through to a few of the current crop of Cove regulars, as witnessed by the latest thread on the South West sport climbing fb page (see the comments under the picture of a pair of undies!). Ian is doing his best to suggest that there shouldnt be in-situs there, but I cant post without moderator approval and nobody is going to listen to me anyway (a sensible policy in itself). I wonder if people on here with a long-standing interest in the Cove (Stu, Toby, Simon etc) might take a moment to join the group and try and explain why its not a good idea (again..)?

ta!

Mumra

Just steal their draws

Wood FT

• forum hero
Just steal their draws

They've probably used mallions, by the sea....

Mumra

Spanner em

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube

Spanner em
The climbers or the draws?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stu Littlefair

• forum hero
    • http://www.darkpeakimages.co.uk
Can't you get all the bolts on the ferocity wall clipped with one of those big beta sticks? Why not just get one and put it in the break with a little sign on it saying "use this instead". Then you can take the draws out and make an art installation by joining the third bolt on cider soak to one on the lynch and gluing the maillons shut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
Dear all,
the message about in-situ draws at Anstey's hasn't really got through to a few of the current crop of Cove regulars, as witnessed by the latest thread on the South West sport climbing fb page (see the comments under the picture of a pair of undies!). Ian is doing his best to suggest that there shouldnt be in-situs there, but I cant post without moderator approval and nobody is going to listen to me anyway (a sensible policy in itself). I wonder if people on here with a long-standing interest in the Cove (Stu, Toby, Simon etc) might take a moment to join the group and try and explain why its not a good idea (again..)?
Isn't it funny how a number of people have to save precious minutes by having loads of fixed kit in a really corrosive environment; and yet they all have hours to spend on Facebook arguing about it?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Then you can take the draws out and make an art installation by joining the third bolt on cider soak to one on the lynch and gluing the maillons shut.

If you clip slings to all the bolts and link them together, it make the face of an Indian.

Possibly.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal